Last minute packing

Definitely blister bandages…different sizes too…On our recent trip I hadn’t even known I packed them until I needed them…I haven’t had a blister in at least 20 years and of course I get a large one the 2nd day at WDW. I wore my Naot sandals (ok, they weren’t completely broken in but I had worn them walking around my local mall a couple of times). Walked about 8 miles at EPCOT, just fine. BUT when we walked out of the park from Hacienda de San Angel to catch an Uber at BC, the ball of my right foot was on fire…It was like “Oh Sh*t!” Hobbled back to our POR (it would be long distance POR) room, washed my feet, stuck on a blister bandage, and I didn’t even feel it the next morning and the rest of my WDW days. Thank goodness!

2 Likes

Plastic, disposable straws! In the summer those slushie drinks can save you from the heat but the paper straws fall apart too fast in them! I just found an 80-pack of them (thick ones for milkshakes) for $2.

2 Likes

Your family and ME.

6 Likes

I don’t think you all will fit in the same suitcase.

1 Like

A couple of clothes pegs to keep the curtains shut.
Ziplock bags.
Blister plasters.

1 Like

Huh, hadn’t thought of that one.

And there is quite a contingency of blister pack people here.

2 Likes

If the room has a pants hanger with clips, those work great to keep curtains closed.

2 Likes

I’ve been in hotels where the handlers are on rings instead of hooks, so you can’t take them off the bar. Wonder what they are like at Pop.

1 Like

You see staying in hotels in very seedy areas.

1 Like

That’s just my kind of place.

1 Like

You’ll have to go to nicer places to steal hangers.

2 Likes

Pop has normal hangers that hook over the closet rod, looking at the video of a refurbished room here on TP. Some have the clothespins, some don’t.

1 Like

@mkmuzzy for the win!

Even though I have sandals that I love, I wish I’d packed real shoes with socks for at least one day. I have a pair of leather tennis shoes (Pikolinos) with Smartwool socks that I was pining for after a few days of sandals.

1 Like

I love wool socks. Have some darn toughs packed to wear around room.

1 Like

Extra socks

Power strip

1 Like

WDW is blister central!!!

Thanks everyone. The bags are packed ad waiting to be zipped. I still need to throw in last minute toiletries and electronics in the morning, but I got in some clothespins and other extras that I probably would have forgotten.
I’m sure I still forgot something important, but I always feel like that on a trip. The feeling doesn’t go away until I’m back home :yum:
Oh wait, I need to pack some extra ziplocks!

1 Like

So… these blister things… what brands/kinds do you guys buy? I don’t really get blisters… but my husband might. It will be his first time at WDW, and I don’t want it ruined by pain.

1 Like