Last Minute Dining in 2021--Can I Survive with no ADRs?

Welcome! And great first contribution. Very helpful and apt to the question. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And how does that sort of thing work with my refillable mugs??? :scream:

1 Like

It also may have something to do with the fact that Contempo Cafe and The Wave are serving significantly more rooms, since Contemporary and Bay Lake combine for 1083 rooms, compared to 847 total at Grand Floridian and just the DVC accommodations at Poly (and it will be similar to GF once they’re fully open again).

That’s a good point. This is even stricter than the email response that I got that said “For Quick-Service locations that include mobile food ordering, at this time this option is only available for guests who have reservations at our Resorts.” which seemed to indicate it was any resort, not just that specific one. I’m going to need to keep an eye on this for our offsite trip in June. I really wanted to fetch breakfast from Capt Cooks on one of the days. (I may never get to try Tongo toast! :scream:)

Well… you can only get Tongo Toast at Kona Cafe w/ an ADR right now. You can get Macadamia Pancakes from Kona to Go though.

I thought Capt Cooks had Tonga Toast?

I know it’s on the menu but when you actually go to make the MO it wasn’t there. At least I don’t remember it being on there or my DS would have ordered it. What’s on the menu isn’t what’s available to order :frowning: But try tomorrow when it’s open, make a pretend order, to see if it’s there.

1 Like

Well, of course not! Where would be the sense in that?!? :crazy_face:

Ok, so not only do I need to pre-poll my people on what they want to MO since desired times can book out, but I need to ferret out all the actual MO ordering menus during time windows they’re operating? QS sure requires a lot of forethought these days! :upside_down_face:

Bah to that! I open the MO and hand the phone off for all to place their own orders :wink: I say, IMHO, decided on the place and you get what you get :wink: BUT you could try out MO menus of your favorite places ahead of time to help guide your crew :crazy_face:

1 Like

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

But then how do I make sure they order all the things that I want to taste?!?!?!?!

5 Likes

Well that’s another issue altogether :wink: But in the end you review the order and can modify it b4 you pay… .just sayin’ :wink:

You obviously don’t understand my elaborate negotiation mechanism to make sure they are happy and I still get to taste everything. They need to think it was all their idea!

4 Likes

I’m sure you’ll figure out how to manipulate…errrr work your food magic :wink: But I don’t know any easy way to find out what’s actually available on a MO menu w/o opening each one and I’m NOT gonna’ do that… nope :rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

I’m obviously way more stubborn than you are! :laughing:

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy: We’ll have to compare notes sometime :wink: My family might say otherwise

1 Like

Could be. That message wasn’t popping up before this weekend though.

It’s there now. I saw it when I was mobile ordering breakfast the other day.
This photo is from today in the MO screen.

3 Likes

Oh nice!

1 Like

My hero! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It’s probably a combination.

1 Like