Last Dolly trip before saving for another Disney trip 😅

We’re planning Disney in the next year or two so we decided to forego Dollywood season passes after purchasing two years in a row. We will set aside the money we would have spent on a season pass and put it into our Disney savings.

We go on Thursday, 10/28, as a family. Me, DH, DS5 DS3 and DD8months.

We’ll drive 3 hours, ride some rides, eat some food, see some lights, then drive 3 hours home. With these three precious gremlins.

13 Likes

Just reread your other thread and it made me excited to possibly revisit Dollywood this summer. With it being summer and us wanting to crush every coaster, I believe we’re looking at the fast pass, and will be staying off site.

We went two years ago and it was fun, but neither kid could or would ride any of the big coasters so the is time should be even better as they’re both fanatics.

1 Like

Oh that is so exciting!! It’s so good when the kids are big enough to ride the rides! Our 5 year old was so brave and adventurous last time. I can’t wait to see what he does this time!

1 Like

The night before Dollywood and we’re up late because of Bible study. Our 3 year old is outgrowing naps so he skipped his 1-2:00 nap and took a 4-5:00 nap instead :roll_eyes:

And I have a Disney trip on the books for 2/21-2/29/2024 :laughing::laughing: so cheer’s to that!

1 Like

“Mom, why do we have to go to Dollywood when it’s still dark?”

One of those questions that could have multiple answers. “Because it’s three hours away” “because we want to maximize our time at the park”

Instead I go with “Because I’m a Liner”

Eta 9:30, a half hour before park open

3 Likes

I just found out the train is closed. What a bummer. Car ride is rough. 2 out of 3 are crying. We left around 6:40 and we’ve already had several slow downs. Original ETA was 9:30 and now it’s 9:38. Park opening at 10:00. The mountains and fall colors are gorgeous!!

2 Likes

This is what I want to see if someday we are able to get to Dollywood!

1 Like

We’ve gone in October, November, and May. October is where it’s at!

Some liner I am. We didn’t get into the park until 10 minutes after official open :laughing: got into the parking spot at 9:38, and took us 20 minutes to get three kids dressed and then walk into the park. Not bad!

5 Likes

We bought a tasting pass and 2 overpriced pumpkin spice cold brews. I told them I have a passholder discount and they gave me the discount without looking at my season pass. I even asked if she wanted to see it and she said she already gave me the discount. Definitely depends on the person. We have been checked before. But I also offer it most times, so who knows if they would or wouldn’t normally

2 Likes

No joke, most rides are a walk on and EVERYTHING is 15 minutes or less

4 Likes

3 Likes

It’s been a beautiful, non-crowded day. We cycled through the new coaster, Big Bear Mountain, in about 15 minutes with child swap. It was a lot of fun and long for a coaster! I liked not having to worry about my glasses falling off my face. It remains to be seen if we will make it until sundown to see the Halloween lights. They’ve already started putting up Christmas decorations here.

6 Likes

Our longest wait today was 13 minutes for Black Bear Trail, a children’s ride.

Also, with this season pass, we got a refillable mug good for one day. We used it in May and again today with no problem. I may have mentioned this in previous trip reports- there are refill spots throughout the park, but Red’s drive-in has the same pop machines as Disney where you can mix and match flavors, so it is undoubtably the best place to fill up

3 Likes

On our way home. We decided to skip the Halloween lights. Kids were over it. We ended the day with dippin’ dots, which DS3 promptly spilled half of. But someone didn’t collapse in a puddle of tears until we were on our way out of the park. Our eta to home is 10:00. All 3 kids are asleep. DH and I are just having good conversation :heart:

5 Likes