Large Group Fastpass Strategy

I’m going to WDW with a large group for a family wedding. My family (DH,DS7, DD5) will have one day at MK before the rest arrive. I’m scheduling fastpasses for everyone since we arrive two days ahead. It’s my understanding that I can book for everyone linked in MDE with a ticket as long as someone on our room reservation is included in the group. I’m wondering if this strategy looks good:
7/7 - MK - immediate family: SM (RS), 7DMT, BTRR
8:35 BOG, 4:30 CRT. We’re doing PPO BOG on Sat with a bigger group. Wondering if it’s too much. They’re doing EMM both days but I don’t want to rush anyone on their first walk down main street. It’s my kids first trip!
7/9 - AK - 15 total - breaking into three groups with some overlapping
Two 7YO boys with parents: KS, FoP, KRR
6 + 5 YO girls with parents: KS,FLK, KRR
2 and 1 YO with grandparents: KS, FLK, AO
A group will RD NRJ, we have Tusker at 10:50, need to leave park at 4 PM for rehearsal. I feel like AO is doubling up on characters from Tusker but I’m not sure what else they would enjoy? Do we need FP for FLK? Wondering if I should try to get all the adults FoP?
7/11 MK - 15 again
Two 7YO boys with parents: SM, 7DMT, BTRR
6 + 5 YO girls with parents: ETB, PPF, 7DMT
2 and 1 YO with grandparents: ETB, PPF, JC
9 of us have 8:05 BOG, all have CP at 2:15, planning to do pirates adventure for FP. Do I need a FP for ETB?
7/11 HS only a group of 9 (DS7, 6 YO girl, DD5, parents and grandparents) I think I’ll knock out TSL rides with FP. Hard to say what this day will look like with BG status, I’m thinking MFSR/MMRR lines would be more shaded in July? 10:05 Olga’s, 1:20 SciFi, planning to do star wars dessert party

The family is getting together around Easter so I’ll go over what I’m planning and take any requests before FP day, May 7.

Anyone?

7/7 - MK - SM (RS), 7DMT, BTRR -

just a warning here that 7DMT will be a tough FP to get at 60+1 if you want a morning time, so be prepared in your plans for this to be an afternoon/evening FP

8:35 BOG, 4:30 CRT. We’re doing PPO BOG on Sat with a bigger group. Wondering if it’s too much. They’re doing EMM both days but I don’t want to rush anyone on their first walk down main street. It’s my kids first trip!

First walk down main street with a PPO is pretty great since it is a lot more empty! Great opportunity to get good pics too. If EMM is happening, you may not be able to get multiple rides on 7DMT before RD, but you should still be able to beat the RD rush if you are planning on doing that first. I don’t think EMM has enough people to drastically change the empty park feeling of a PPO BOG. It sounds like you have a PPO BOG for both MK days?

7/9 - AK - 15 total - breaking into three groups with some overlapping
Two 7YO boys with parents: KS, FoP, KRR
6 + 5 YO girls with parents: KS,FLK, KRR
2 and 1 YO with grandparents: KS, FLK, AO
A group will RD NRJ, we have Tusker at 10:50, need to leave park at 4 PM for rehearsal. I feel like AO is doubling up on characters from Tusker but I’m not sure what else they would enjoy? Do we need FP for FLK? Wondering if I should try to get all the adults FoP?

Depending on the crowd level and which show you plan to attend, having a FP for FotLK is nice because you dont have to get to the shows super early. But I wouldnt say it is a requirement. For kids that age, not sure if you will need another FP besides AO unless the grandparents want to do rider swap. If you can get a FoP for all the adults, certainly never a bad idea, but you should also look at your numbers and see if you can do RS and get all the adults/kids on. Then maybe get FP for NRJ for whoever stays behind with the littles so they can take them on that while the first group rides. FOP is the first FP I would try and book since you need specific times and it will still likely be afternoon times available.

7/11 MK - 15 again
Two 7YO boys with parents: SM, 7DMT, BTRR
6 + 5 YO girls with parents: ETB, PPF, 7DMT
2 and 1 YO with grandparents: ETB, PPF, JC
9 of us have 8:05 BOG, all have CP at 2:15, planning to do pirates adventure for FP. Do I need a FP for ETB?

I think the ETB question depends on what time you want to do it and what else you want to ride. To me, at MK, the most important thing is getting through FP in the morning. It has always been easy to just get 4+ FP for most rides after that (especially for younger audiences). Even with a larger group, if you break it into smaller (5+5+5 perhaps) and look for overlapping times it can be really effective.

7/11 HS only a group of 9 (DS7, 6 YO girl, DD5, parents and grandparents) I think I’ll knock out TSL rides with FP. Hard to say what this day will look like with BG status, I’m thinking MFSR/MMRR lines would be more shaded in July? 10:05 Olga’s, 1:20 SciFi, planning to do star wars dessert party

Tough to tell what MMRR/MFSR lines will be like with out much data to go off yet, but I think your strategy for shaded/indoor lines is a good one. Can adjust if things change in the next two months based on waits with the new tiers.

1 Like

Thanks for the input. Yes, we have two PPO BOG reservations. The first time just my immediate family, the second time my immediate family, grandparents, my sister and her family. DH and I are the only ones who have been to WDW before (he at 8 and me at 25 to MK only).
Thanks for the input on likelyhood of AM 7DMT FP on 60+1. I’ll aim for AM FPs because the second MK we’re going to accomplish much less with a group of 15.
For AK day, I’m targeting the 12 PM FoTLK after Tusker house based on my latest TP. I think I’ll just do the same FP for all so the grandparents can do FOP. I’ve heard that this is a ride where they’re strict about everyone having a FP to do RS.
For second MK, I think I’m good here.
For HS day, I think good here as well.
Thanks again for the feedback! I’m loving the planning process but a little nervous being everyone’s tour guide!