KSA Events (Kaylee Scholarship Association) - UOR package

Has anybody on this forum participated in a Baseball (or other sport) Spring Training / Spring Break type package for their high school children?

We’ve put a deposit down for my DS15 (will be 16 at the time of travel) to travel with his high school baseball team next year to UOR.

I’m wondering if anybody has experience with a package like this and any helpful information / tips / tricks. I’m also wondering what the community thinks about the pricing.

The details:

Dates: Sunday, March 31, 2024 – Saturday April 6, 2024

KSA Events Spring Training Inclusions
• Upscale fields
• Two field activities per full day with any combination of games, practices, or scrimmages
• Game umpires, scorekeepers, trainers, and game balls

Highlights of Package: This package is hosted at beautiful Cabana Bay Beach Resort on Universal property.

Accommodations:
Six (6) Nights Hotel Accommodations at Cabana Bay Beach Resort
Transportation:
Airport transfers to and from Orlando International Airport
Shuttle service to and from playing facilities
Shuttle Service to and from Universal Theme Parks
Admissions:
Five-day Two Park Admission to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure
Admission to KSA Events Spring Training
KSA Events Meal Plan:
Six breakfast vouchers for use at the resort food court
Five Lunch Vouchers
Six dinning cards to use in the Universal Theme Parks and select Universal CityWalk restaurants
One unlimited refillable souvenir beverage mug for use at the resort
KSA Events Exclusive Inclusions:
KSA Events representative to assist your group with all trip components
All taxes and gratuities included

The daily itinerary also includes:
Shuttle to Volcano Bay Waterpark OR Upgrade one of your meal vouchers to a sit down team dinner or the Celebration of Athletes Private Party at Volcano Bay Waterpark
^====I’m recommending the private party if they ask!

I’m pretty sure our coach picked the Quad rate:
Quad Rate (4 to a room): $1,749 per person
Triple Rate (3 to a room): $1,879 per person
Double Rate (2 to a room): $2,129 per person
Single Rate (1 to a room): $2,829 per person

So $1749 for the kid to go play baseball and do UOR/IOA/VB for 6 nights / 7 days. - I wish I was him!

Airfare is not yet added, but will be, once it gets closer and at-the-time normal rates.

Hopefully somebody may have done this before and can share?

My school kids just did a youth package at UOR & CBBR, but it was for Marching Band.

The price seems reasonable for 6 nights/5 days, especially if there is a cost for the KSA.

Definitely use the resort buses to go to USF & IOA, the walk is nearly 1 mile.

The Bayliner Diner food court has overall good food.

The Cabana Bay refillable mugs are great. They include Icee’s, tea, coffee, too.

No need for a shuttle to VB, it’s a short walk.

Travel agents always recommend quad rooms to make their life easier, but the coach could offer doubles to kids that don’t feel comfortable sharing a bed. Parents usually ask.

2 Likes