Kilimanjaro Safari FPP

Because of FOP FPP and Tusker House ADR, I am likely looking at KS for 1:15. I could still move it up to 12:30, or else later in the afternoon like 4ish. Any opinions if it really makes a big difference in the experience, or just whatever fits well in the TP? This is for mid April if that matters as far as the weather.

At midday, particularly in the warmer months, and the animals are less active than they are at the early part or later part of the day. Given that it’s relatively warm in April I personally would probably go for the 4 PM if it doesn’t make a mess of the rest of your plans

What I’ve heard is that you can have a good KS ride anytime. Disney does all sorts of (safe, humane) tricks to encourage animals to be visible like putting cooled rocks in visible places to encourage lions to rest where they’ll be seen. Also, animals are alive and mobile and therefore unpredictable, so you never know exactly what they’re going to do when. I wouldn’t worry too much about being at KS at a particular time. That’s my two cents. Given that I’ve never been to AK, take it for what it’s worth. :slight_smile:

But when it’s hot, they hide and lie down.

Like I said, I haven’t been so I don’t really know. I’m just repeating what other people told me. I could very well be wrong. Certainly the safest course is to go early or late if that’s possible.

1 Like