Keys to the Kingdom Tour scheduling advice

My DH and I will be doing this tour on December 1. This is our 2nd time going to Disney without the kids and we are super excited! We couldn’t get the 8:30 but got the 9am. We wanted to do it on the 5th or 6th of December and it was looking like it was full. Cast member was very confused about that but now I know that is when they are taping the Christmas parade and are likely not doing tours that day. Also, HM will be closed by then so I wonder if there will be an alternate ride?

I am hoping that translates into it being easily booked in advance! I think I read in a review on trip advisor that the rides were JC and PoC. However people here have mentioned HM. I would be happy with any of the above as each of those attractions would have a long history. If HM is closed during your visit, perhaps you will have PoC. Hope you will also give a report!

1 Like

I booked the KTTK tour during spring break season about 2 weeks before. It was solo that day, so it was just for 1, but I had options for different days and times. We rode HM and JC. I really enjoyed it.

1 Like

You made my night @e_orr22. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

That is one of the better tours. The guides are really knowledgeable and are a hoot. Not only do you get to ride JC & HM, you get to see the Utilidoors! Enjoy your trip and take the earliest one available.

1 Like

I’m so excited!! We are all booked for the 8:30am Keys to the Kingdom Tour on January 26th!! Thanks again @BearsMom2011 When are you thinking of doing the tour?

1 Like

Hooray @EthicalAddict! Perfect time. I will be trying for that too. I think 3/23 is first choice for us. MK is predicted at a 9 that day! I’ve never seen MK at a 9. So my logic is to try for an exclusive exp within the craziness. I will rely on your report!

1 Like

Wait hm has a refurb coming up?

Yes, likely to install on ride photos? Closure dates are December 1-19 and the new gift shop to open Jan 1

Oh Phew! Our KTTK is 11/30 so we’ll have to make sure and ride it that day if it’s not part of the tour!

1 Like

Wow, you are just sneaking in under the wire on that one :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Outer1 How did you like kttk? @BearsMom2011 You’re on your way right now, just read it in chat! YAY!

I just booked kttk on a CL 7 day, Aug 10. Got the 8:30am. It’s going to be hot as the surface of the sun, isn’t it? This will be my first day in WDW w/o the kids, w/o DH…just me, the Mouse, and a few thousand new best friends! :blush:

When I booked, I told CM I am both a passholder and Disney Visa holder…I"m not sure which discount she applied, but I hope it was the 20% vs the 15%! ha!

We loved it! Though I really wish I’d been better rested. We stayed for late EMH the night before and didn’t get to bed until after 3am and had to be up at 7 for the tour. By the end I was so tired and my feet hurt so bad I couldn’t really concentrate on what he was saying. It’s totally worth the money though so much great info to be had.

Thanks!! :slight_smile: We arrive the day before, so I’m pretty sure I’ll be well-rested. I think I’m kind of copying your trip, staying at AKL and doing a tour. Hope I don’t get the meat sweats, though! (yes, I read your TR!)

1 Like

Haha… i don’t even know what the meat sweats are I was just kidding because we ate ALL THE FOOD and were stuffed half the time.

1 Like

As one SHOULD, IMO!!! I also booked CG and Jiko…can’t wait to finally try some sig dining! Thanks for the help and suggestions! I’m stoopid excited about my first adults only, half solo trip!

1 Like

Hi @PianoMinnie Forum suggested a revisiting this thread tonight to me and I hope you enjoy the tour! We really did! I wrote a trip report about it, but it contains spoilers about what you do on the tour, so you are now warned :wink:

I want to hear about your tour!

1 Like