Keenz stroller Wagon and going bagless

Does anyone have experience with using a Keenz stroller Wagon in the parks? We are renting one so our boys can take a break and rest their feet so we can keep going! It has a pouch for storage and some compartments for phones. I planned to bring a backpack for phone chargers, sunglasses, sunscreen, ponchos but am wondering if we could just go bagless if we havethe Keenz wagon and use the storage pouch. Hard to tell online how much it will hold.

Also, when we go through security, will the wagon/stroller really slow us down? Do they hard core check wagons? Trying to make security check easy as possible.

Also if you’ve used the wagon and have pros and cons or tips in general, chime in!

1 Like

They will want you to take anything in your stroller out so they can look in it – I’ve witnessed them doing it many times in bag check, so it might be more efficient to still bring everything in a bag so you don’t have to take it all out of the pockets on the stroller, Plus, when you park your stroller are you really going to want to leave all your stuff in it? Even with a stroller we’ve always taken a bag so we can take our stuff with us and not leave it unattended.

2 Likes

Think a string back pack is a good idea? Throw the important stuff (phone and chargers) in it when we go on a ride? Leave the sunscreen etc in the stroller. Or does someone have a better idea?

When did they start allowing wagons?

1 Like

@Laura_hastings
I don’t think you are allowed to bring wagons in, unless maybe for a medical reason. How do you interpret Prohibited Items, letter e.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-rules/

1 Like

I think that I will fit in there! Room for a few others too. :joy: It is 34.6 inches x 34.0 inches x 19.6 inches and weighs 32 lbs. It can carry 110lbs. I can rent one and my children can push me around.

3 Likes

How do you like the Keenz stroller wagon? Can you fit more than one kid in it? Is it easy to steer? Do the wheels hold up on rough terrain?

I don’t think they do…
https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/question/read-keenz-wagons-allowed-read-somewhere-wagons-not-375749/

1 Like

I’ve read elsewhere that the Keenz are allowed because they are push not pull. I’m not sure the Mom’s Panel answer was correct.

1 Like

I did a lot of research and asking around and The Keenz is allowed. Like @lifewithjayne said you push it like a stroller, which makes it allowed. Regular wagons you pull behind you are not allowed.

2 Likes

How old are your kids? I don’t have one, but I have a few friends that do and they don’t really love them. The seats don’t really recline and the kids end up kicking each other, etc.

Also, while I definitely believe they have allowed Keenz in the past, I saw recently on Facebook that someone posted “updated” stroller/wagon guidelines where these were no longer allowed. I can’t find the post anymore and who really knows how people will enforce, but just something to be aware of.

4 Likes

Seems like a very risky move to try this. I would play it safe with a stroller. Can you imagine getting turned away? You’re really risking that, especially since there is so much confusion re the policy.

3 Likes

I saw several being used inside the parks at Disney World during our last trip in October.

Whether it is allowed or not, I’m not sure I’d want to have to navigate the parks with such a monstrosity. We, of course, ditched the use of a stroller as soon as possible, and have never looked back. By the time our kids were 4 we stopped using a stroller in the parks. My two cents.

5 Likes

How old are your kids? I’m all for strollers for breaks… this looks like it will be tough in a crowded park…

And security will check every compartment…

The citi mini double GT was great for us and the weight is pretty high…

1 Like

I love strollers. Love them. I also like to bring everything but the kitchen sink and we like to go-go-go. I’m dying thinking how I might have to go strollerless this fall. That said, I wouldn’t be inclined to use something this large. Navigating even the nicest strollers is difficult in the masses, I imagine this would be cumbersome. We’ve rented from Kingdom Strollers and I was able to bring all my doo-dads and the kids too. :wink:

2 Likes

My kids are 4 & 7 and they will want to be IN a stroller or wagon more often than not. They don’t use a stroller at home anymore, but if it’s offered, they would totally take me up on it! They have no shame in the no-walking game. My kids are awesome and I love them, but the walking part of Disney is not going to be one of their strong suits, so it’s an important thing for me to prepare for so I appreciate your opinions! We will be using a stroller every day. I am hoping to get them to a land, then have them hop out and do a couple rides before hopping back in and going to another land to ride a few more rides. But, this will be something we use a lot, every day. I have a city mini double stroller at home that I used when they were younger and it’s a great stroller (I have a third child who still uses it! She isn’t coming on this trip as we’re just taking the big kids). But having them side by side in a double stroller feels so WIDE, which made me nervous with the crowds. The keenz wagon is 10 inches more narrow than the City Mini double stroller, which is why I chose it to rent instead of the double stroller. Width seemed more stressful in a crowded area than depth. You guys are calling it a monster, but it actually seems to have less of a footprint than a double stroller. Thoughts?

We’ve only done a double stroller at a theme park once. (We had one of those single-wide, front/back types, as opposed to the double-wide kind.) For the stage of life we were in, it was NECESSARY, but still annoying to maneuver around. Our double stroller would have been smaller than the Keenz in BOTH dimensions. But we went out of our way to avoid using it.

The truth is, we were MUCH happier when we could eliminate the use of a stroller altogether. But when we used a single stroller, we found one as small and lightweight as possible because of, again, maneuverability.

We did one trip when our two oldest were 3 and 4, plus we had a baby in the stroller. We also had this cool baby sling carrier that was simultaneously a fanny pack. It was great to put the baby in and ditch the stroller for a while. (And when the baby wasn’t using it, I could still stash stuff in it.) Our 4 year old did fine without any stroller. The three year old did tire out, however.

I’ll admit, I find it hard to fathom CHOOSING to use a stroller if there is any opportunity to ditch it. And even if you DID choose a stroller, why pick something this big. But that’s us. Everyone is different.

5 Likes

I honestly didn’t find the width of the stroller that bad… and I only use a single at home. Mine were 5 and 2… and can relate my 5 is all about getting a ride! I think it’s great your renting something!

But I have never done a wagon…maybe a wagon user will chime in!

2 Likes

Are there places to park the strollers as you stroll each land? I was figuring I had to leave thenat a ride and retrieve once done. Or do you still just park it at a rode and just let it sit for a while?