JW Marriott Bonnet Creek - Advice for transportation to parks

Hi! We’re a family of four (10 and 16 year old travel experienced kids) heading for our first-ever trip Disney World this Dec. 20-22, 2022. We are Disneyland and Unofficial Guide veterans having used the old printed plans, the new Lines app plans, get there at rope drop, etc., etc. We know our Disney tricks.

Disney World, though, is a literal new universe. We’re staying at the JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek (JWMOBC)–yay points!–but I’m curious on people’s experience with transportation out of the hotel to the parks. We’re not planning on renting a car given cost to park everywhere and while the JWMBC has free shuttles, the first one out every morning is at 8:15am only. Knowing that I don’t have Disney Resort EE, I’m trying to get to parks 30-60 minutes before official opening so do people Lyft/Uber? Shuttle it to the parks? Lyft/Uber to another Disney Resort (Riviera is the closest, I think) and catch a bus from there?

Any advice on doing Disney World from the JWMOBC is welcome, too. Places to eat, other tips, cool things at the hotel, etc. Thanks!

2 Likes

I stayed at the Signia Hilton Bonnet Creek down the road from the JW, and they also had a shuttle. I never bothered with it. Too few and far between. I found it much easier to take and Uber or Lyft everywhere. Even for MK, you don’t save enough time skipping the TTC to make transit through a resort worth it, IMO. Just make sure to give yourself plenty of buffer time for the Uber to show up. The trips are generally pretty short.

2 Likes

Thanks, Jeff. I really appreciate the info! We’re leaning towards Lyft/Uber.

1 Like