Just Relax! A Live/Solo Trip Report

I am loving following along with you. I mostly lurk, but we have anxiety in common, so I thought I’d chime in and share. I haven’t flown in 27 years, which means my kids have never been on a plane (we drive 16 hours to Disney). I need to get past my claustrophobia and general anxiety, but it’s hard. I don’t want to hold them back though!

Busy planning for July and the reminder of MK Sacred Space is well appreciated. DD12’s favorite meal is waffles. I can train her and her dad to check if it’s available, then he can grab the waffle while DS and I grab the Casey’s. Perfect.

Jealous of that 'Ohana…

10 Likes

Yasssss!!!

16 Likes

I would be so full if I ate even a quarter of what is in these pictures that a fork would cause me to pop. Looks yummy though!

4 Likes

Ok. Good. I’m not the only one. I was thinking that was what I ate in a day.

3 Likes

I’m glad you had silverware in the first photo for scale. I’ve never been to 'Ohana, so were all these servings that size? At first I thought they were big skillets.

4 Likes

I think the skillets are bigger when there’s a larger party. I think …

5 Likes

There was a marriage proposal during dinner at ‘Ohana. The restaurant was in on it. So sweet it had me teary eyed. She said yes. :heart:
Took the boat from Poly back to MK. JC during the fireworks being the strategy. I also had a 7:55 LL for Splash. It worked and I was finally able to ride my beloved JC. Lots of first timers on the boat. I enjoyed watching them seeing if they were entertained. And they were. JC is awesome!

I noticed at Splash mask compliance was nill and CM’s weren’t enforcing it. I don’t know if it was because of it being the end of the night, or what - but I didn’t like it. Decided to head out from there … because people. And I didn’t know what the Pop bus situation was going to be like. Made it to the bus barn at 8:40 and was back in the room just after 9. It was a great day!
More FARts tomorrow. Smell you later.

23 Likes

Oh thank god :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

The kites aren’t crashing but landing ungracefully.

7 Likes

OMG that’s so perfect because they are going to become 'ohana :heart::heart:

9 Likes

Ladies and Gentlemen.
Your Unofficial Festival of the Arts Ambassadors - Chip and Dale.

26 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I just rode Buzz with my 4 year old grand niece. It was like deliberate sabotage how she kept turning the car so I had no targets to shoot at. But she had a blast. The blaster was way less interesting to her than turning the car!

10 Likes

Is that Ohana? (Phone auto corrected to Obama! :joy:). My DD19 wants to go there in august. Did you enjoy it?

5 Likes

Speaking of Country Bears, we saw Big Al in DCA last week. He was “fishing” but all he caught was a leaf. 4 year old grand niece, “Try again, Mr. Bear!” So stinking cute.

17 Likes

:joy:

Yes! Especially the salad vinaigrette. Everything is flavorful is why I enjoy it.

Your niece sounds adorable.

3 Likes

Made it to EPCOT 90 minutes after early entry. I’m in no hurry. No G+ today. On/off Soarin’ in about 20 minutes.

I guess I didn’t realize Living with the Land had a LL. Are people really using LL for it?
But then again, I used LL for Muppets at HS, so there’s that … :eyes:

10 Likes

Something about LWTL makes folk want to misbehave. :laughing:

11 Likes

Yay for JC during fireworks!!! So happy you got a nice cruise

1 Like

I seem to have a knack for breaking rides this trip.
We had to be evacuated off Figment. And because the people at the back of the train were on a hill, they had to call Reedy Creek. :crazy_face:

15 Likes