June 2022 DL Trip in the works!

Hey folks!
My husband just signed up for the AIDS Life Cycle ride, so we’ll be in LA next June - so of course I’m making the trip down to Anaheim!!! Being from NYC, we haven’t been to any of the parks in several years now and I’m super excitied to finally have a trip in the works!
Right now I’m thinking we’re going to spend a day or two in Santa Monica/Venice Beach for him to recover from the ride, then head down to the parks on Monday morning, have a solid 3.5 days touring then fly back home on Friday.
We went back in 2019 and stayed at the BW Park Place Inn and it was fantastic being right across the street. But I’d be open to other suggestions of places to stay, as long as it’s within close walking distance, as we’re not planning on having a car (which also means car service/Uber to/from the airport).
i know it’s like 200+ days away but i don’t care, I needed a trip to begin planning! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was just telling my daughter the other day I’d splurge to stay at Grand Californian when we go. Especially if I could nab a discount!

1 Like

Thats what we decided: if we are going, let’s go big! A discount was released after that saved us 20% too.

2 Likes

:rofl: I don’t know what this means! But I love it. It’s right up there with Swaperoo!

@clairenmn Yay for a trip to Disneyland - the Happiest Place on Earth! Fun fact. My DD18 is a freshman at college this year. All freshman at her university have to take a writing class fall semester. They have to write a lengthy paper over the course of the semester based on something that is a personal truth to them. My daughter chose … Disneyland really is the Happiest Place on Earth … as her personal truth. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Tree hats to that!

I think of course Grand Cal or Disneyland Hotel is the best, but there are plenty across the street that will save $$ and be fine. Grand Legacy, Courtyard by Marriott and the BW Park Place might be the best though.

4 Likes

“Tree hats”. Does the DL side now have their own inside joke???

3 Likes

No I just have fat fingers and I don’t always check for auto correct taking over

2 Likes

That’s what I figured but tree hats what I figured is so much more colorful!

3 Likes

I price out whatever’s cheapest out of a bunch of the hotels along Harbor starting from Howard Johnson all the way down to Castle Inn & Suites. Lately it seems we’re always looking at either Grand Legacy, The Anaheim Hotel or Fairfield. We also have always loved the Park Vue Inn so we like to throw them in for comparison. We’ve never been able to find availability at any of the BW’s (there are a couple on Harbor) but this far in advance, you should be good (and if that’s where you are leaning on staying, definitely don’t wait on booking it).

The Desert Inn & Suites also usually has a really good prices, but we had a bad experience with staff & management lying to us about our stay not being able to be cancelled (within their cancellation terms) saying that the credit card had already been charged, (except it hadn’t because we called up the credit card company too to verify).
So unless they ever get new management, we plan to avoid giving them any business, but they are a fine price point that many like for their location and suites.

1 Like