June 2020

I have done several trips to Disney World with my own kids who are 17 and 19, I am going to be taking my kids, and my step-daughter’s kids, who are 5 and 8 to Disneyland in June next year. I have been to Disneyland before, but that’s been 25 years which was before DCA or fast pass was even a thing. We will be in the area for a week, and the plan is for 4 park hoppers days, plus max pass. I know that the fast passes work differently, but is there anything else I should really be aware of? If you have done both Disney World and Disneyland how would you compare crowd levels at one vs the other? We are not a huge table service dining family so that should also not be an issue.

Crowds at Disneyland are much more acute. It seems like Disney World is always busy and certain rides always have long lines regardless of time of year. Disneyland varies much more wildly between the busy days and the off days, and from morning to afternoon. Almost all rides are walk on in the early morning, even Space Mountain and Incredicoaster at DCA. The only exception really is Radiator Springs Racers, which builds a long line almost immediately every day. BTMRR rarely has a line longer than 20 min before noon. Same with Splash, though it’s line can get to an hour plus whenever it’s hot.

2 Likes

Thank you! This is good to know because on our last DW trip we ‘slept in’ a couple of days.

2 Likes

I lived only 25 mins from DLR for my first 45 years…frequent AP holder.
To be honest…I wouldn’t spend the extra money on park hoppers, but definitely get the daily MaxPass. That’s a game changer. Without park hoppers, you can Immerse yourself in each park for the day and evening. That’s what both DL & DCA do best…total immersion…You say you aren’t interested in sit-down restaurants so that’s another reason to stay in one park per day. Also the very close proximity of Downtown Disney opens up dining with many more options.
Regarding CLs, if you are going in June, try to make it the first two weeks in June when most of the local kids are still in school.

2 Likes

Thank you! I will say with going for 4 days that i have been going back and fourth about Park hoppers, I am worried that the last day we might have stuff we want to re-do in both parks, I wish they would let us add it to just the one day. The plan as of right now is to start the first weekend in June where APs have sone days blacked out.