June 1-8 2017 Pre Trip Report

You’ll need to publish your plan :slight_smile:

that might come in handy :joy:

how exactly do I do that?

Open your plan.
At the top you’ll see “EDIT”, click that.
A sorta overlay window will appear, where you can adjust the dates and name. Here, you’ll see “Publish This Plan?” with a checkbox.
Check it.
Save it.
:grinning::grinning:

Thank you!! It should be up in a couple of minutes!

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=2481994

Here’s the plan! Comment away!!

You plan looks pretty good. But you’re in for a lot of walking. Not too bad though, it has three or more attractions in an area before sending you across the park for three or four more. If my plans seem too criss-crossy, I copy the map to a graphics editor and draw lines from 1 to 2 to 3, and so on. If it resembles a spider web, I make some adjustments in the order, then use Evaluate to keep the order.

My strategy for Fast Pass selection … I add all the things I want to do, but no breaks or meals yet, and no Fast Passes. Set walking speed to relaxed, and minimize walking. In Fast Pass Advanced Options, select the number of FP to use - 3. Then, I Optimize. Twice. I make note of which attractions have FP suggested. If it’s before FP window opens, I put in “pretend” FP for the times the attractions are set for. Then I Optimize again. (TP is funny though … sometimes it will say, “Get a FP for this!” and I do, and then Optimize again, and it says it’s removed the FP because it would make waiting longer. To avoid that nonsense, in Advanced Options, I check the Force Optimize to Use FP.) When more than 3 are suggested, I go for the hard to get ones first - 7 Dwarves Mine Train for sure, Peter Pan, any of the Mountains - tho I skip Space Mountain cause it’s rough on my old body, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and Jungle Cruise. Some attractions will have longer waits - like Small World and Winnie the Pooh, but FP are available as 4th and later throughout the day. Once I have all that squared away, I add in meals - QS wherever there’s some free time, and TS when I have ADRs.

Oh, and if you’re re-doing stuff at night, be sure to squeeze in Jungle Cruise. It’s a lot of fun in the dark.

1 Like

Hello to my Tennessee people. I am not in East TN but live in Middle TN!!

2 Likes

For this plan I hit fast walking speed because we normally walk pretty quick, and I selected least amount of waiting. Those are just my preferences though. As long as it’s not taking me from frontierland to tomorrowland back to frontierland I’m okay walking more if I don’t have to wait as long.

What graphics editor do you use? I’ve never heard of doing that, but it seems like it would be a great idea to visually see the amount of walking I’ll do.

I think I’ll end up doing Jungle Cruise again as long as it’s not a crazy long wait. I’ve always wanted to do the night version of it!

Thanks a ton for your help!

1 Like

Jungle Cruise is often nearly a walk-on in the last hour the park is open, at least on nights the park is open somewhat late. Definitely a nice ride to finish the night off with IMO as the darkness makes a lot of the animatronics a little more believable…

1 Like

We visited Coca-Cola World and the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library there.

ATL is not one of my favorite cities, but the aquarium is world class. The Coca-Cola World is also fun, and it’s more or less right next door to the aqurium; you could realistically do both in a single day; one before lunch and one after.

1 Like

I choose my FPPs based on “what would I be really bummed if I missed”, and not on the TP suggestions. I get my FPPs first, and then build my TP around them. Your dining approach seems reasonable.

2 Likes

Oh that’s great. I thought maybe it would be a longer line just because it normally is a long line, but I think we’re gonna fit that in at night for sure because we both love it!

Yeah that’s how we do ours as well. We sit down in advance and book the fastpasses based on each day, then we book our meals, and then I’ll come to TP and put all that info in here and get the plan. I originally had Tony’s Town Square for dinner but then I listened to a couple podcasts and heard that it was terrible so I subbed it out for a better lunch at Epcot

1 Like

I like to try to keep all my attractions in one area first too. I have not gone as far as the graphic thingy but I definitely look at the map and try to adjust my plan accordingly. I didn’t know about that check box to force optimize to use FP. That is helpful.

1 Like

This is how I pick my FPPs too.

1 Like

I have to make it a point to ride Jungle Cruise after dark when we go.

1 Like

Guys, I’ve got to say y’all have been SUPER helpful in making this the perfect trip!!

We’re now 28 days out from our leaving date and the anticipation/excitement is at a high. With school coming to an end and the weather turning up the heat, I can almost taste that first mickey bar :slight_smile:

Yesterday I shared our Magic Kingdom touring plan and I loved the feedback I got1 So, our next day is going to be visiting Animal Kingdom (my personal favorite park) and more importantly, Pandora! I know crowds here will be crazy, so we’re going to attempt to utilize the EMH from 7-8am. The plus side to this is that I planned a pretty lengthy break to go ahead and relax and chill out. I also planned out a break of 30 minutes to meet some characters, I want to try and meet as many we can, and if we go over that 30 minutes (which I’m pretty sure we will) then we’ll just stay longer, no worries! The plan is to go our Tusker House ROL 1st showing dinner at 4:20 then go back to the hotel and relax and chill out. We plan on coming back to AK around 8-830 for the 9:15 showing of ROL. Then, we’re going to hang out in the park until the LMH for Pandora become available, maybe do the safaris again at night or Everest could be an option. I’ve also never visited AK at night so I’m gonna want some pics for sure!

So here’s the plan, and as always, comment away!

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=2466297

1 Like

I wouldn’t call Tony’s “terrible” (unless it’s gone down hill over the past 4 or 5 years), but yes, the EP food is definitely much better.