July Wait Time Summary

Tomorrow I’ll be posting on the blog about some summary wait time metrics for the month of July. Some things to guess at and discuss before I reveal the answers, if you want:

• Which park had the highest/lowest average posted/actual wait times?
  • Which attractions across all 4 parks had the highest/lowest average actual wait times?
  • At which park were the posted wait times inflated the most compared to actual wait times?
  • At which park were the TouringPlans estimates most accurate for the past month?
  • How do you think actual standby wait times compared this July to the last “normal” July in 2019?
6 Likes
  • MK had highest posted wait times :wink:
  • FOP had highest avg. wait times
  • MK MDE inflated their wait times
  • TP… accuracy??? IDK
  • standby time comparisons… clueless :wink:

I’m going to guess the actual standby times this July are similar to the normal July 2019

HS highest for both posted/actual.
MK lowest for both posted/actual.

Highest: FoP, SDMT, SDD, FEA
Lowest: Triceratops, Carpets, ST, Figment

MK

AK (just by fewest predictions that can go wrong, and the ones there seem relatively stable to me)

It was both busier in July 2019 (I think?) and FP+ shot standby times up. I was there in July 2019 and it was kinda brutal with SB times of like 120 for Splash, 75 for HM, 150+ for FoP, etc. Taking the 2019 FP+ wait times out of the equation, I’d guess 7/21 has been 30-40% lower SB wait on average vs 2019.

2 Likes

Same as above, except for park with highest posted/actual wait times, which I think it will be AK (not HS).
FOP beats SDD, I think.

1 Like
  • AK edges out HS for highest average posted/EP lowest average posted
  • Highest: 7DMT, FOP, TT, SDD edges out MFSR
  • MK posted wait times most inflated
  • Estimates accurate to posted or actual? :crazy_face: I’m thinking HS
  • Standby times much lower than 2019
1 Like

Reeeally ?!?!?

Don’t let @ryan1 see this :wink:

1 Like

MK & AK for sure. Maybe not EP & HS

1 Like

I promise I won’t look. :lying_face::shushing_face::face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I seem to remember that July 2019 had really low wait times. I was gutted that we weren’t going till August.

Accurate to actual :slight_smile:
There are definitely some right answers in here! Not saying which ones …

1 Like

I got most of your data gathered, I think it’s correct :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Here is the article in case some of you had not seen.

3 Likes