July trip?

We just returned from a disneyworld trip and it was amazing! We were considering booking another week around July 6th to 13th possibly going with family.

Even on Dec 30th my son and I didn’t had to wait long with BG1 and genie + and a paid LL but it was only for 2 people. The crowd calendar was a 10 and the dates in July 6 to 13 show more like a crowd 6. Seriously? Summer might be less crowded? Was I so lucky because we were only trying for a party of 2 or do you think by using the same strategies I will be as successful with a group or 6? Any thoughts?

Jenn

3 Likes

Shouldnt be a problem at all…Would have been fine in Dec if it was 6 too…Those numbers shouldnt matter

3 Likes

Summer will almost never be as busy as the week between Xmas and nye. That’s THE busiest week as all schools are out and many businesses are on holiday or their workers are.

DW and I went July 20something and experienced lowish waits and good crowds. Start researching electrolyte powders to add to your water though…

3 Likes

Yeah, a lot of people are no longer willing to put up with the extreme summer heat. :hot_face:

4 Likes

Just prepare for the heat! The middle of the day can be brutal. If you can plan a pool or resort break mid day that would be ideal. Early mornings and late evenings will be your friends (plus plenty of Dole Whip and Mickey ice cream bar money).

2 Likes

I agree that the heat is a bit much.

It’s almost indescribable but have you ever been in a sauna/steam room that doesn’t have walls or a roof, just the hot blazing sun blazing blazing in all her glory above you?
And then when it rains like it does every day at the start of the 3:00 parade, the deluge of all deluges, and you think, yay, this will be some relief but really it’s just Hades (?) scooping up a ladle full of boiling hot water right over those hot coals steaming and steaming.

Then you’re wet from the rain and your sweat because the $30 poncho you just bought ripped and you’re soaked inside and out and you learn where that phrase really came from.

But yes, July’s typically not as crowded that week.

6 Likes

I had a cooling towel and hat, I I gotta say was generally comfortable the whole day.

1 Like

July is pretty quiet, I love visiting then.

1 Like

I agree with the others. You will likely find the parks comparatively quiet in July after being there NYE weekend!

It’s all about how you tolerate extreme heat and humidity. I kind of enjoy it in a certain masochistic way. :rofl: You have to drink lots of water, be prepared for rain in the afternoon, take shelter when it’s hot (shows, restaurants, shops, hotel).

The one thing I’ll say is my family prefers to go to the pool in the evening when less people are there and there’s no sun so you don’t need sunscreen. Also lower chance of rain vs. afternoon in July. Being under the sun is not always a good way to cool down, even if you’re in the pool.

1 Like

This is my new goto description of summer in the south.

2 Likes

Well you’ve, I’m sure, experienced the opressive NOLA heat so you’re prepared, lol. I’m sure I can handle it better than others. But still want a pool break.

1 Like

I’ve coined the phrase “abject humidity” but it hasn’t really taken off for some reason.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. Not sure if we can handle the heat/humidity, but we are already going to the East Coast so thought we might add this to it.

Jenn

2 Likes

July will have “feel like” temps at 100…humidity is brutal too

3 Likes

I like heat and thought I could handle it - I was wrong. Be prepared. And yes crowds are moderate on the summer because of heat. Be prepared to call your short because you’re done.

3 Likes

Yeah unless you’ve spent time in the humid south or Caribbean in the summer, it’s hard to anticipate just how draining it will be for you. I grew up in south Florida and am too cold at any temp below 78F and too dry at any humidity below 50% and even I struggle in our central FL summer outside haha.

Mid-day breaks at the resort or an indoor air conditioned meal or show are key. As are wide brimmed UPF50 breathable hats, good sunglasses, insulated water bottles that keep your ice water cold for an extended period (or else it will be warm in minutes), cooling towels, long-sleeve lightweight UPF50 shirts (I like the Reel Life ones from Sam’s Club), sweat wicking shorts, and comfortable walking sandals that dry quickly (e.g. teva’s or similar).

3 Likes