yOu GUYS!!!

YOU GUYS!!!

I have actual tears!

11 Likes

This is the BEST Disney news in years!

6 Likes

He’s teaching a class according to the imagineering insta

2 Likes

In whatever capacity he’s back, I’ll take it!

6 Likes

Me too!!

4 Likes

He is also finally being named a Disney legend at D23?

4 Likes

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: This is as good as Chapek getting the ax!

7 Likes

I really hope he will be involved with Tropical Americas in AK.

4 Likes

Yes, and I have to admit that when I heard that finally coming to be I wondered if there might be more to it.

Even if he’s “only” teaching a class, first I’m happy to have his influence back in the Imagineering world. But also, y’all have heard of “creep” right? Where you agree to a small thing (like teaching a class, perhaps) and then they pull you in to something slightly bigger and before you know it you’ve pulled an Iger and are back full time with the company :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I was just saying this excitement feels rather reminiscent of that day

3 Likes

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/joe-rohde-confirms-his-return-to-walt-disney-imagineering/?fbclid=IwAR0fy9jzur0cwGinNIsRJZgLX24TR4aQNxbKr149trBVhAfQcQkQo79-6XU

I thought of you as soon as I read this and knew you’d be thrilled. :blush: :heart:

3 Likes

Yes. There has really been a lack of strong Imagineering experience lately with so many Imagineers leaving/retiring. To have Rohde SIMPLY in the role of teaching the new generation of Imagineers how to THINK like an Imagineer of old is HUGE.

6 Likes

This is my hope. And why it’s such awesome news even if “just” a class

3 Likes

Just came across this :exploding_head:

can’t help but to wonder, or even assume that this timingh is related to the recent changes in WDI leadership?

From what I recall, Rohde departed quite soon after Barbara Bouza took charge of Imagineering (and after Chapek took charge of Disney). Now that Both of them are gone, Rohde makes a surprise return (even if just to teach), which probably isn’t a coincidence…

3 Likes