Jiko vs Sanaa vs Boma

Adult family of 4 returning to WDW. 3 years ago ate at Sanaa while staying AKL. Loved it and the view.
Back again in November. Will be at AKL 2 nites. Trying to decide whether to do Boma and or Jiko and or Sanaa while back. Gonna spend a day and 1/2 in AK and might do Yak and Yeti for one meal.
Any tips or preferences? As Meal reservations are harder than ride slots to secure, gonna make my touring plan around the grub. I’ll be posting similar question for where to eat when staying at Yacht Club during International food festival.

3 Likes

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them. Jiko is very upscale. Boma is a buffet. Sanaa has the view of animals. Tough to choose just one.

2 Likes

I’d go for one I haven’t done before. For me, that’s Sanaa.

I’ve done both breakfast and dinner at Boma. Personally, I’m partial to their breakfast.

If you’re looking for breakfast, I’d go Boma. Dinner: Jiko.

3 Likes

I think Jiko has the worst ambiance of the bunch. The bread and butter and apps were delicious, but otherwise it’s a total pass for me. It felt crowded and not nearly ‘signature’ enough compared to any of the other signature restaurants on property.

I think Sanaa is great for lunch when you can take advantage of the view and Boma is my choice for breakfast, but I’d skip dinner there in favor of Yak & Yeti.

2 Likes

We enjoyed breakfast at Boma (more interesting than some of the other WDW breakfasts), but we loved dinner at Jiko!

1 Like

Like @gMagicScott i would go after the one (s) I hadn’t had before. And I agree with the recommendation of Boma for breakfast and Jiko for dinner-on different days.

Also Dining availability has been exceptionally good recently. You may find it a good deal easier than you remember it being before!

5 Likes

I will say that Sanaa breakfast, as a QS, has some of the best food (those coconut biscuits are amazing). It also allows you to pick your own table. Although Boma and all you can eat is also a great choice.

4 Likes

It was mind-blowing to me how easy it was to get reservations for my trip in October!!! Literally got everything I wanted including Space 220 and Homecoming!

3 Likes

Sounds like something I need in my life!

1 Like

I just ate at all three a few weeks ago. I’d vote for Sanaa. Best atmosphere by far. And I think tastiest food too.

Confession on personal preferences/experiences: I’m not much of a buffet guy – too noisy and busy. So Boma just loses points for me there. Our recent dinner at Jiko was marred by atrociously bad service. And it was clear it wasn’t just our table. Now maybe just a bad one night thing, but oof. (Had a spectacular Jiko dinner 8 years ago, fwiw.)

1 Like

I usually hate buffets but I rate Boma breakfast as a Do Not Miss! I also think Sanaa is great, don’t get me wrong, but if you’ve already done it and you are on the fence, I’d go Boma breakfast.

2 Likes

Such great advice. Love this forum. Can’t wait!

1 Like

I love Jiko for two things. Wild boar appetizer and Kungaloosh! Beer. It would be three things, but they mo longer have the wine flight. They have an amazing selection of South African wines- if you’re into that. However, I don’t see Jiko as a family restaurant. I love Boma and since it’s a buffet I bet your kiddos would love it.

1 Like

Delicious!

1 Like

Sanaa is a must-do for the bread service. I really enjoyed my meal at Jiko but it was on the “upscale” end so I wouldn’t waste money there feeding my very picky kids. I’ve never tried Boma but it looks great, especially as a breakfast spot.

3 Likes

“Historically” Jiko was one of my favorites in WDW, but I was so disappointed in my dinner there last July, I probably won’t go back. I had dinner at Boma once and it was pretty good, but with so advance much hype I heard on here, I was ultimately a bit disappointed (I loved the soups and salads, but was meh on the main selections. It gets a lot of good reviews for breakfast, but I don’t like heavy breakfasts, so I haven’t been. I’ve never had anything less than excellent at Sanaa - but I prefer to go at lunch time because it’s too dark to see the animals at night (I typically go to WDW late Fall or Winter).

3 Likes

appreciate all the superb input!!!

1 Like