Jedi Training with littles question

We’ve never done Jedi training before, but I think my 6 yo would love it on our upcoming trip. I’ve read that the parents stay with their kids until the kids get ready to go on stage (roughly). Do they allow the parents to stay with the kids beyond that if your kiddo is scared? I imagine my DS might freak out if I have to leave him at any point (other than when he is literally “on stage”).

We weren’t allowed to stay with ours once they headed to the stage (both times we’ve done it), however, we walked alongside them and then were right in their eyeline from the stage. My daughter got a bit nervous half way through the ‘training’ when Darth Vader came on the stage but the CM comforted her and said she didn’t have to fight him so she just stood near the back and joined in with the group section rather than anything individual. My son loved it both at age 4 and age 7 (and I’m sure he’ll want to do it again this year). You get some amazing photos too

1 Like

My daughters were 5 and 7, their cousin was 6 and they all enjoyed it. I think there’s just too many other kids around and you’re in a robe and you have instructions to follow it’s not much time for them to necessarily notice you aren’t there? There are CMs around to help, so I’d just maybe show your DS a video to prep him if you think he could panic if you’re not with him. Or show him ahead of time at the stage where someone else might be sitting for them to look towards?

3 Likes

My grandchildren are very excited for it. They will be 9, 5, and almost 5 when we do Hollywood Studios this summer. I’m hopeful having each other for moral support will help them through any momentary nerves.

1 Like

Thanks–very helpful to know that it’s possible to stay where they can see us the whole time. I think my little one will love it once he gets into it, but he just may be hesitant at first.

1 Like

Yes, having siblings go would be great for moral support!

Yes, good points. So much going on, no time to get scared…

1 Like