I've done it

I’ve talked myself into going on a solo Disney cruise (with a lot of enabling from DH). I’ve been on one cruise and that was over 15 years ago (Princess / Alaska). We live within two hours of Galveston so I’m doing a January sailing to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. I’ve poked around the DCL web site. I’ve read the Unofficial Guide to DCL and have tape-flagged the book to within an inch of its life. I’m sure I’ll have questions as I start trying to make sense of it all.

8 Likes

Congrats! Sounds like fun.

1 Like

Yay. Yay. Yay.

Are you a beach person?

Which one?. I’m going 1/6-13 from Galveston

1 Like

Only slightly? I enjoy walking along the water’s edge, but I’m not a “spend hours at the beach” person.

1 Like

January 13-19, 2023

2 Likes

Ahhh…as I exit you enter. Maybe we’ll pass each other. :wink: I’ll be driving back to Austin I’m sure by the time you can board.

1 Like

Ok. I was going to “help” with Cozumel. I am a BIG beach person, and much of the sand on Cozumel is miserablely rough and almost painful. But the north end of the island is lovely.

3 Likes

We’ll be on DCL from NOLA to Cozumel at the end of March 2023. Do you have any excursion or port activity recommendations for Cozumel?

1 Like

Do you like beaches? I’m really all about beaches.

The beaches on the west coast have very sharp sand. The north end of the island has the powder white sand.

Interesting. We do like beaches. I’d love to do some snorkeling, but our DN28 (nephew) will be with us and he’s not a confident swimmer so it would have to be beach snorkeling instead of off a boat snorkeling. Which side of the island does the ship dock at? What are some of the northern beach names? I’d also love to get some good Mexican food, or as they call it in Mexico, food.

1 Like

Sometimes the boats have noodles for less confident swimmers. I think in many ways it is easier to snorkel from a boat because it can be tricky getting out of the water if there’s any kind of wave action.

1 Like

The northern place is called Isla Pasion and when we were there in 2019 DCL had an excursion there. That’s how I found it honestly. I did ours on my own. The price is for the day and all inclusive.

1 Like