It's OFFICIAL! I'm going to DisneyLAND!

I am unfortunately a like a trained rat when it comes to the over planning involved in WDW.

• to be honest I wish they had the extra tier at DLR that WDW has…onsite guests get there own reservations pool one of the few benefits left to being onsite.

I have been considering the magic key- especially with the rumors of a DVC discount- figured the break even point would be 2 3-day trips in a year for us with the enchant key

But I can’t find any info on it and the various panels over the years aren’t exactly reliable.

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/dvc-discount-available-purchase-disneyland-magic-key-463813/

1 Like

I absolutely agree with you about on-site guests needing their own pool. Quite frankly I am shocked that they they have not done so yet. There are so few perks right now for onsite guests, that even I refuse to stay onsite. I was a huge proponent on onsite stays b/c all the perks made it worth it, but not so much now. I would happily stay in the villas if I were a dvc member though!

Thanks for answering - I had to go help take kiddos to their busses.

1 Like

Lol honestly there would be no way we would be going at all if it wasn’t a DVC stay.

As an OKW owner it was like hitting the disney lottery to get a room - lol MS was like OMG you got 5 days!

Bulk of my points are resale so I can’t use them at this point for Disneyland hotel even if I wanted to pay the exchange fee-( and yes I absolutely would pay the $100 fee ) but we are grandfathered once the new tower is open…

3 Likes

Me too! I was able to book two nights in a studio in November and three nights in a 2 bedroom in February. I have OKW points too - 50 resale (not grandfathered) and 50 direct (specifically so I can book at the new tower).

3 Likes

Onsite guests do have a separate pool at DLR, just like at WDW.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/availability-calendar/?segments=ticket,ph,resort&defaultSegment=ticket

To use the resort pool, make sure your room is linked first. To bypass that and use the other pools, don’t link your room until after you make park reservations with the tickets (although onsite rooms have more availability in their pool usually).

1 Like

That’s bananas!
I didn’t even bother to look for my DLR trip, but honestly our DVC points are spoken for so it wouldn’t much matter (aside from comparing costs room-to-room, but who has time for that??)

1 Like

You are my hero!

That’s also I totally different calendar option- that I seemed to be missing.

:flushed: I must me a little under caffeinated-

2 Likes

Great to know! I thought it was bananas that they didn’t, but this makes so much more sense.

2 Likes

Is that one that will pop up once my reservation date opens - the on property pool - since I have a package?

I assume so, but don’t know specifically about how they handle packages at DL as I don’t book them.
When you try to book park days, this page comes up so you choose whether you have a magic key/tickets or hotel res. To use the hotel pool, first link your hotel reservation number. But you can see the currentl availability on the link I posted above.

2 Likes

@OBNurseNH I just realized that I’ve booked November 19 for Disneyland. Does that cross with your dates? I’m just there for the day and staying with my daughter in her campus apartment that’s about an hour away.

3 Likes

11/18-22. So yup!

3 Likes

Maybe we can do a fly-by!

2 Likes

I insist. Message me with your contact info!

2 Likes