It's OFFICIAL! I'm going to DisneyLAND!

Just the short distances between rides will blow your mind.

But I always get turned around in Adventureland because I expect its relationship to New Orleans square to be the same as it is to Liberty Square at WDW. It is not the same!

4 Likes

We’re going in June for half day, full day, half day on our way from Michigan to Hawaii, and I feel like I have a lot of research to do too. I’ve only been to DL twice (one day each time), DCA never, and my kids have never been at all. I feel like a real noob with all the differences between California and Florida plus pandemic changes on top of that. I’ve got my tickets (thanks, Camp Pendleton ITT!) and resort reservation all linked up, so this is really happening. Having to wait until 60 days out to make ADRs is going to drive me nuts. Eating dinner at Blue Bayou is on my bucket list, so I’d better be able to do it.

3 Likes

Thankfully I’ve gotten used to the 60-day thing with WDW. Even if you don’t get one initially, definitely keep checking back - and I believe they also have a walk-up waitlist, and from what I’m reading, you can select the time you want to try for on the day? At WDW it seems like you just go on it and it puts you in line.

3 Likes

You can’t make your park reservations yet? For WDW I made them in July for next July! I guess it’s more of that laidback California vibe @Wahoohokie has told me about.

3 Likes

120 days in advance.

I wonder why. My friend actually could have booked hers at 15 months out for WDW but she didn’t.

And 120 is only for park tickets, or onsite stays. If you have an AP…er, Magic Key it is only 90 days! We get whatever is left after the full price peeps pay. :rofl:

1 Like

DLR never does anything more than 60 days out, never has. I am surprised they went to 90 (APs) and 120 (tix, onsite AP stay) days and didn’t stick to 60. This is progress for them!

2 Likes

I think this is to give an advantage to the out of town folks vs the locals. If you are coming from out of the area you are more likely to be planning farther in advance.

2 Likes

Very excited for you - can I ask how’d you get tickets? we are also going in February and Disneyland.com isn’t even showing February at all. I am getting nervous as the 120-day window is this week…

WOW, thats exactly how it feels…

Really like noticeable difference little?

2 Likes

Yes, the castles are very different. DL is 77 feet tall, WDW is 189 feet tall.

3 Likes

I booked a room and ticket package through my TA. They opened those up a month or two ago - I did my search on Disneyland.com and then told her what I was wanting with a couple of hotel options and asked for her recommendation. (I have since decided to splurge and am at Disneyland Hotel.) My day is Oct 18 - but honestly most days that are available for booking reservations now are wide open on the calendar. (I have the 5-day hoppers through my package. My parks are not reserved yet if that was the confusion.)

Yes! It may be the difference in height, but DL feels wider as well.

2 Likes

That’s so weird I can’t see or purchase anything through Disneyland for February.

I booked through DVC and MS says that they have no access to Disneyland tickets ADRs nothing

IDK. I guess it’s the difference between getting a package and getting tickets separately?

2 Likes

Yup -

I am starting to get a little anxious at this point.

I wouldn’t stress it too much. Like I said earlier, when I looked at the availability for the dates that can be reserved (so now through Jan 29), there are FOUR dates with no/limited availability for hoppers: 10/3 only DL, 10/8-9 only DCA, 10/10 none. If you don’t have hoppers there are only THREE: 10/3 DL, 10/5 none, 10/10 DL.

So given that the “BIG” dates of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are still wide open I don’t think you need to stress about February going immediately.

2 Likes

Ohhh wait if I am understanding you correctly is there a different reservation pool for hopper vs 1park tickets?

2 Likes

No need to be anxious. You can buy tickets from third party vendors such as Target or ARes Travel. Then just wait to make your park reservations. I have the opposite feeling when traveling to WDW. It is overwhelming for me to have to do it everything so soon! I like having flexibility until just before my trip.

2 Likes

Yes there is. There is also a different pool of availability for the various magic Keys