It's December! What's your countdown?

I just received our luggage tags and ME tags because we are 30 days away from our first-ever family trip to WDW!

The last 3 months have been torture for me as the keeper of the family secret. There have been many car rides when I’ve wanted to burst out with a courtroom-style confession, blabbing all the details of my last quarter of covert planning and conspiring.

Christmas morning can’t come soon enough when we will surprise the kids (DD19 & DS13) with their dream come true. It will be amazing, and I will share the video.

Now, if only I can keep my Dad (who somehow found out without me blabbing) from giving unconscionable hints. He runs his mouth like Roger Rabbit sometimes!

Oh yeah, and I also scored them U2 tickets last Friday. Best Christmas ever!!!

(except for the first Christmas, of course)

3 Likes

28 days for me! Magicbands shipped yesterday!

I don’t know how you can keep the trip a secret, @thechindo. I could never do it! My DD19 has Disney radar, so I’m sure she would figure it out. Be sure to let us know how the reveal goes.

2 Likes

My advantage with DD19 is that she stays on campus all week, has an active social life on the weekends here at home, and is so busy with Nutcracker performances (she’s Mother Ginger) that she barely notices we (DW & I) are around.

DS13, on the other hand, is Dr. Who in flip flops. We’ve thrown up enough flak to keep him guessing though. I was on ebay the other day looking for a gift for my brother, when DS came in. I dramatically slammed the laptop shut just after he saw the screen, so now he’s convinced I’m getting him some collectible such-and-such.

2 Likes

My DD is in college, too (two hours away), so I could probably keep it from her for awhile. Good luck throwing DS off your trail!

2 Likes

40 days for us! First family trip, and first trip ever for hubby and son.

4 Likes

How exciting!

1 Like

I KNOW! So glad everyone here understands. My husband keeps giving me that LOOK.

2 Likes

Oh yes, I know that look. That’s why you come here. We get it!

1 Like

So excited for you guys!!! Fingers crossed here for a weekend trip in jan… Have to talk DH into it! If so… Then 45 days to go!!! Hahha!!!

3 Likes

I am also verrrry familiar with that look! I’ve mentioned to people at my office that I’m going to WDW (in 291 days!), and I get such confused reactions:

“But you’re 26!”
“Yes.”
“And you don’t have kids!”
“Yes.”
“Well, who are you going with?”
“No one.”
“But…but why?”
“If you have to ask that, I can’t explain.”

6 Likes

23 days! Can’t wait. I would never be able to keep it a secret until we left - the best we have done is keeping the secret for a month and revealed on Christmas. My kids are older and (DS 20, DD 18 and DD12) and they love the planning too. I am always impressed by those who can pull off the secret and reveal! Can’t wait for your video @thechindo .

1 Like

It’s 106 days for us. I can’t wait!

2 Likes

5 days!! FIVE DAYS!!! 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 DAYS!!!

1 Like

3 sleeps til WDW!!

That is, if I can sleep. :slight_smile:

It’s January now but can I hop on this countdown? We’re at 27 days! Under the 30-day mark! Got everything linked up to our Magic Bands, Fast Pass reservations squared away, and BoG reservations locked in! Woooo!

1 Like

Leaving tomorrow!!!

2 Likes

26 days! Staying at the Contemporary with my first-timer brother. Couldn’t get an ADR for BOG, but I’m hoping to at least get a lunch FP this week. Magic Bands haven’t shipped yet, but I hope sooooooon! :smile:

1. Just got our date last week. WooHoo! Last time our count started at over 600 days. Wilderness Lodge. First Deluxe. Double Woohoo!!
1 Like

I am at 24 days! Very exciting! I was able to get a BoG lunch Fast Pass a couple of days ago, so I bet you will too!

2 Likes

280 days to go. 100 days to ADR day. Not that I’m obsessed. At all.

1 Like