It's almost here! My 1 day holiday and Harry Potter adventure

Maybe I’ll have to give them a try sometime.

So that was my plan currently. I just didn’t know if IOA would be crazy busy if we arrived at regular open and it would be best to hit USF up first and then go back.

1 Like

Would that make sense to only switch parks once? Since you only have one day and want to see as much as you can. (You were originally thinking 2 days correct?) The HE wait should only be 20-25 minutes from Hogsmeade to Diagon Alley in the early afternoon. Going the other way with HE (USF to IOA) typically takes longer.

Only Hogsmeade will be crazy busy at IOA in the morning.

1 Like

I would definitely save time to only go 1 way, but if Hogsmede is crazy busy and the Grinchmas show isn’t until 11:15, wouldn’t that be a lot of wasted time?

Hmmm. Well even though the early morning is the busiest part of the day in Hogsmeade, it’s mainly because of Hagrid’s. Hogsmeade is more spread out too, since they have the 3 attractions not including Hogwarts Express. AND, they are only predicting a CL2 so I wouldn’t be too concerned about the crowds.

1 Like

We just got a bunch of the HP illustrated edition books for DD for Christmas. They are very cool.

4 Likes

So maybe it would be better to do Hogsmede while everyone is in line for Hagrids. Then maybe we could do an earlier Grinchmas and head to USF early afternoon and have time to go back to Higsmede for the light show maybe.

3 Likes

Sure, definitely an option. I believe the castle light show will start around 6:00 or so (dusk) and the Cinematic Celebration is at 7:00 (park close). @darkmite2 and others can chip in with their thoughts too.

1 Like

How old is your DD if you don’t mind me asking? I was thinking about getting these for my niece (age 7) to start her HP journey.

She actually just turned 13. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The Jim Kay ones?
They’re beautiful :heart_eyes:

I have the first 4 and I see that the 5th is out now.
I’m so torn about getting it because they take up so much room :woman_facepalming:t4::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Perfect age IMO.

The illustrated ones are also nice to do a read-along with if you have access to the audiobooks.

4 Likes

Yes! They are a pretty good price right now.

1 Like

Doesn’t make them smaller though :wink::laughing:

Honestly, I thought they were a great idea when I bought the first few. Now I’m compelled to complete the collection and run out of space :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::rofl:

3 Likes

I’m catching up…It’s a lot, but if you plan it out it’s possible. The parade is the main thing you have to plan around as there are no repeat shows.

I’ve seen all the other Castle shows, but not Christmas. I’ve like them, but they’re not mind blowing. They are also really brief. It really depends on how much you like HP

I enjoy the Cinematic Celebration. It’s the opposite of Hogwarts. It’s way too long! It covers all the Universal movies. If you have no nostalgia for ET / Jurassic Park / HP ? etc… and the music of those movies then you may be bored.

You are already going to be in USF for the parade. Do you want to walk over to IOA (which will be faster at that time of day) or stay at USF? You can do Springfield at night after the parade…

3 Likes

Where exactly is the Cinematic Celebration location? I’m beginning to think it may make sense to do IoA first then as much of Diagon Alley as we can before the parade and then do Springfield and the rest of Diagon Alley with the Cinematic Celebration in USF.

It’s designed to be watched from the Central Park area, which is the sloped bit next to the lagoon kind of between the Hollywood bit and the Kidzone bit.

I’ve only seen it once, but I really enjoyed it. I wouldn’t say it’s not to be missed, but it’s entertaining. I will try and see it again in the future.

3 Likes

I wish their stupid map had Hollywood and Kid Zone labeled, but I think I know where you’re talking about based on the shows and attractions in those areas.

2 Likes

That’s the Central Park area

2 Likes

Thanks! That’s kinda where I was thinking. Is that big white thing in your circle a building or seating area or?

2 Likes