It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

Great! Thank you.

We’ve only had 1 user use the fax service at the BC/BCV in the last week. I’ve got an email in to them.

Mildly surprised at the low number of people at those resorts. I know the YC/BC are generally among the lowest-occupancy deluxes, but still. Maybe it’s the time of year, too.

Response from our Beach Club Villas person:

I requested 460 and got 560 :slight_smile: I’d say it worked!!

Kim

Great! Thank you, Len, for checking into that. This tool is a great service. I will be using it for a BCV stay within the next few weeks. I will gladly report the results.

2 Likes

Funny I just did a split YC/AKL split stay a couple of weeks ago. I used the fax for my AKL stay and it was wonderful ( see post above)! I did not use it for YC because I felt it would limit the chance of an upgrade. I booked a standard room and looking at the room finder, there didn’t seem to be many. When I arrived at YC they greeted me and said they would walk me directly up to the CL!

2 Likes

Wow. That’s awesome.

I wonder what the odds are of an upgrade, for anyone who asks for a specific room, versus the general public?

Hey Len, do we receive a fax confirmation at all? I have this account linked to my wife’s email address so I was not sure if we get a confirmation or not. THanks!

Yes, you’ll get a confirmation or a note saying we’re re-trying. We’ve only seen a handful of re-tries though.

We requested 5015 at Wilderness Lodge, and were assigned 3168 (not a good choice for a family with a young child due to the distance from lobby as well as sound issues from beach/movies/fire pit/electric water pageant).

We stayed at Wilderness Lodge April 26-May 1. We booked a courtyard view and based on the wonderful information on this site, we requested “Bldg 1, Flr 5,SE-facing room. Example: 5011, 5013 5015, 5017”. We quickly learned upon check in that they were painting the exterior of the building we requested, so that section or resort was unavailable to guests. There was scaffolding and painters by the pool area working on the exterior of the building the entire duration of our visit. Knowing this information in advance would have made a world of difference in our room request and possibly resort preference! Yet there was no mention of renovation/painting on Disney’s Wilderness Lodge page or by any of the Disney travel planners during the many times we called about trip. The room we were assigned was not a good choice for a family with a young child. It was low to the ground facing the beach area. Every night, even with a sound machine for noise reduction, we could hear the beach movie loudly, music from pool area, electric water parade, and large groups enjoying the fire pit area. It made it difficult for young child to sleep as the sound traveled right to our room. Due to the fact half the resort was closed off, we didn’t have options for changing rooms because everything that remained in our room category was booked. (Only option would have been to move rooms a few times taking available rooms for the days they were empty. Not an option for us.) Though the room situation was disappointing, we still had a wonderful vacation and learned a valuable lesson. Ask specific questions of Disney travel planners about resort conditions when booking future trips! Hope this helps any future travelers!

1 Like

Ah, that’s unfortunate, and I’m sorry to hear of it. Let me see if we can find a way to notify people of these kinds of things.

Would you mind if I quoted your notes, in the review of that room?

1 Like

Yes! If it helps another traveler, feel free to quote my comments.
Thank you for your website and blog! It was incredibly valuable in planning our trip.

2 Likes

Thanks!

I spoke with our developers. We now have a way to alert people of construction at their resorts, using our existing alert system. That should help with this going forward. Thanks for telling us about this, and please let me know the next time you’re headed to WDW.

5 Likes

An alert system for construction issues is a great idea for the room request feature! Thank you for adding that to the system. Unfortunately, we won’t be headed to Disney World again any time soon…once every several years is our schedule. At least I know we will have better luck with a room request the next time around :smile:

System worked great for me at Wilderness Lodge from May 2nd through May 8th. Requested 5157 and received 5149, which was one of our alternates. It was actually better because it was not so far down the hall, but it was still quiet. I will send some pictures shortly. Sorry @samfamily08 that you had such an issue with the noise. I did see the scaffolding and wondered if that side was open or not. I work for a major hotel brand and I know it is required to provide renovation information on our website. I noticed other things I consider to be “non-standard” in the hotel industry during our stay. I do have to say the service was good overall though during our stay, but I could tell where they were cutting corners. Thanks again for the request service. We had a great trip due to all the information and planning gained here.

3 Likes

Dang, you guys think of everything.
I just discovered the “alert” feature by accident… (yes, feeling asleep at the wheel on that one!)

And my cousin said that TP’s “alert” feature made her aware of a room discount during her stay that she didn’t know about & was able to take advantage of… and thus, her (previously non-believing) husband how sees the value of TP as it already paid for itself, though he remains bemused by her planning efforts… after their low-to-non-waiting-in-line trip this summer, I suspect he’ll be on board, as will more of the family when they find out how well their trip went.

2 Likes

I’m working on requesting a room at yacht club. Does anyone know if all the balconies are the same size, or do some rooms/floors have larger balconies?

What view do you have and how many nights? ( asking since I had luck recently there)

Garden view, 9 ! nights (biggest trip ever! )

1 Like

That’s awesome! Glad it helped.

We had middling success at POR this week. Requested a room facing the river in Oak Manor. Got a room facing the parking lot in Oak Manor. I was happy with what I had, and would have been unhappy with what I requested as the river side seemed noisier. So it all worked out for the best.

1 Like