Is there a limit to Max Pass return times?

So when we go in June I have a long break planned in the afternoons. I know you can only book fp’s every 90 minutes unless you are using them before that, but is there a limit to how many you can collect or hold at a time?

Bummer. That def puts a bump in my planning.
Thanks!

Is that new? I feel like when we went before you could have more than 2 at a time, as long as your booking window was open and depending on when the times were offered. Just trying to remember since it has been a year since we used it.

1 Like

This is not right. You cannot prebook any max passes before you arrive in the park. Once in the park you can book them one at a time. By afternoon you can easily have 4 MPs stacked for the late afternoon and evening. I go lots, just there last month and easily stack MPs.

6 Likes

That’s great! Thanks for letting me know. I didn’t mean “prebook” like FPP at WDW. I meant having them booked for later in the day. However, I do understand I was incorrect about only 2

idk how I misunderstood this, but I’m glad I know better now. :smiley:

I deleted posts do no one else will be confused by me.

4 Likes

I don’t think there’s a limit. My group definitely had more than 2 FP’s stacked at the same time in December. While in DL for the morning I started stacking FP’s for later in the day at CA. I continued doing this every 90 minutes even while back at our hotel for a break in the afternoon. We were able to come back to CA around 4 pm with FP’s for RSR, Toy Story, soarin’, and goofy’s sky school, plus we were able to get a FP for incredicoaster while we were there, and still holding most of these.

6 Likes

Okay, this is what I was hoping! It would be hard to leave for a few hours if I couldn’t keep getting fp’s.

1 Like

You can get even more if it’s raining. Just keep applying for a FP to RSR or Incredicoaster and you will more than likely get a bunch of anytime / any attraction FPs! Luckily it doesn’t rain too much in Anaheim so this strategy is rarely employed but on the whole that’s for the best.

3 Likes

Also, it’s not necessarily every 90 min. I was just at DLR/DCA over the weekend and sometimes I only had to wait 30 min until booking another FP. When you book a FP it will tell you what time you can book the next one. Right after I booked one I would set the alarm on my phone to go off 2 min before my next booking time…that would give me a minute to decide what we wanted to do next. Worked like a charm, and we had more FP than we could use.

3 Likes

So… I need advice about MaxPass too. I’m actually in the middle of running through a faux plan right now. This week in February has, basically, an identical CL pattern – both predicted and historical – for my trip in September. I’m using the Lines app and comparing it to my paper TP prediced waits along with the posted waits on the DLR app. I find this to be a helpful exercise to test TPs predictions and what my expectations should be in advance.

TP has been totally incorrect about MaxPass return time options and availability. (Also most of the queue times, but that’s another story.)

Should my MaxPass strategy be to just start grabbing them as soon as possible, no matter what my personalized TP says, or follow what TP suggests? I’m leaning towards grabbing as many as I can. However, this is Day One of my test and I don’t want to overact to only one day of data. I am curious what everyone who goes regularly does.

3 Likes

Yes definitely. :8ball:

4 Likes

I make a TP, and see what my day might look like…to get an idea of how many rides I might be able to get in. And then as soon as I tap into the park I start grabbing FPs and basically throw my TP out the window. I will mentally prioritize FP for my most important rides, and make sure I get those first. Then I use the DL app and the TP app to look at current wait times, and just wing it from there. DL is so small that zigzagging across the park is just not that big of a deal. I just make sure to be smart about the first hour or two, ride and FP my priorities, and then it just sails from there. We usually finish everything we want to do my 1pm, even with some repeats of our favorites.

5 Likes

I have started tracking the order in which FP’s run out, and from what people on the app have said that is a better way to do FP’s. I think my plan is going to be to decide what order I want to do each land in, and choose that highest priority fp’s in each area first. (I am taking a 5 and an 8-year-old, and my parents will be on this trip and my dad straight-up refuses to bounce around the park.)

4 Likes

I have a feeling that I am so overly used to Disney World planning that I might be over thinking this, but I figure as long as I have everything I want listed in my plan, and just make sure to check everything off it will all be good in the end.

1 Like

I followed a strict touring plan for my first day in order to stack FP’s at CA in the evening, based on RSR being the furthest out, then the next most popular being Toy story and so on. In some of my dry runs the touring plan estimates weren’t exact on the return times, but consistently they still get used up in the same order. I knew for a 5-7 pm return time for RSR, I’d need to be checking between 10:30 and 12. This worked great knowing i wanted all of these FP’s lined up for later in the day.

After that day though we really started using them more loosely. We found it great in DL to not be tied down to a 90 minute blockout window. My kids really liked splash mountain and big thunder for instance, which in December quite often had immediate return times. So even if it was only a 20 minute standby line, we would get a FP for big thunder, ride immediately, and get another FP for it. We rode it three time in a row with no wait. We were perhaps a bit spoiled though with being there on weekdays after thanksgiving.

4 Likes

How far into the day does MaxPass allow you to get a return time? Can I get a 4pm Space Mt., or even later, at 8:30am or will MP only display the next couple of hours to choose from?

2 Likes

You don’t get a choice of return time at DL. The return times start in the morning and move up as they are taken. At 8:30 am, space mountain return time would likely only be an hour away. And it would steadily grow further out at the day goes on.

I looked for an online source that tracked average return times based on time of day and didn’t come up with anything. TP give you a decent idea though. I used some trial and error on TP to maximize FP use and make sure I was generally getting them for around the return times I wanted.

4 Likes

There actually is a way to see the FP return times. Click on the link below for an example. If you go to the similar page for each attraction, you can get an idea for when each FP runs out each day and how far in advance the return time is at a given point on the day you are searching for. This varies based on how busy the park is, but it’s a helpful baseline.

https://touringplans.com/disneyland/attractions/space-mountain/wait-times

In case it’s not clear, it’s the second column in the chart at the bottom of the image. At 9:00am, the return time is expected to 9:30am, etc. on February 24th.

7 Likes

That is so much better than the put in a time in the plan and try it that I was doing when running through strategies. Thanks for pointing that out.

2 Likes

And you can access these times through the app, through my favorite, most underused feature. Just select the park and then choose the ride and a world of beautiful data is open to you:

From this screen you can select “see full forecast” and you get this:

3 Likes