Is the Monorail being fixed/updated or is it just closed due to COVID?

I have read that the monorail was closed/not running and I was wondering if Disney was updating it and fixing issues, or if it is closed entirely due to COVID? I always read about it having issues and I wondered if they had taken this time to update it.

They haven’t said they were updating anything, and when I was recently there I saw no signs of work.
I thinks it’s a Covid related cost/staffing issue.

1 Like

Bummer, thank you for the reply!

The monorail runs between the monorail resorts; just CR & GF (minus poly that’s going through refurb) and from the Transportation Center to MK.

Correct. I was thinking of the Epcot line exclusively, which isn’t running thanks for explaining @vcka!

1 Like

Oh yes, I forgot to state that there is no monorail to EC at this time; thanks @ninjasherrie!

1 Like

Ha ha, apparently we both need more coffee today, lol!

1 Like

5 Likes

I think the demand just isn’t there right now. Once park hopping has been going a while and if the demand for MK to Epcot buses, and vice versa, ramps up then they’ll start running it again. In other words when the cost of the buses exceeds the cost of bringing back more CMs to operate the monorail plus the running costs.

1 Like