Is park Hopper worth it for 9days/8nights at WDW with a 4 year old and a 2 year old?

I am going in September 2020 for 9 days/8 nights with my husband and 2 toddlers. Is Park hopper worth it?

My opinion, no. If you felt like one day you may go to a different park it is cheaper to buy a 10 day pass vs a 9 day park hopper. That’s what I did with my kids at that age with no issues.
I found at that age, we rope dropped and stayed til mid afternoon and that was plenty for the kids. We went back to hotel and enjoyed the pool

1 Like

I may be in the minority here, but I love the flexibility the PH gives me. We were there in October with a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old. Except for the day that we watched the parade, we left the parks every day by 12:30 and took a break at our hotel for a few hours. We went to a different park around 4:30 or 5:00 for dinner and a couple of hours in the park. We will do the park with a.m. EMH in the morning and go to a different park in the evening. We avoid the midday crowds in the parks that way.

I highly doubt you can do this. Do you have first hand experience with this?

You’re right, you can’t do that. If you could, everyone would instead of buying hoppers.

1 Like

I didnt know we could do this. thanks for the tip

You can’t.

I am so so sorry for the incorrect information. I was under the assumption you could tap into another park and use up one of your tickets at any time.

1 Like

Nope, if you want to hop you must buy a hopper.

1 Like

I love a PH too. In fact, I am more inclined to purchase one the longer my ticket is. THis is more true if you tend to take breaks in the middle of the day anyway… hopping to another park is a great option.

1 Like

There is no need to buy a hopper in advance unless you are absolutely sure you will use it.

You can always upgrade to a hopper if you decide one day it would be worth while. You’ll still pay the same whether you do it on day 1 or day 9, but it will save you having to pay for one only to find you don’t use it.

I too thought the park hopper was a waste of money the first time we went but I’ve since changed my mind. It really depends where you’re staying. If you’re staying off resort then you can skip it. If you’re staying on a resort it can really be amazing especially if you’re staying at a resort on the Skyliner routes. Our last trip (end of Jan/first week of Feb) we would go to the park with Extra Magic Hours stay till 11 or 12 when the crowds picked up and then head back to the resort for pool time or just to relax. We also hopped over to other resorts where we had lunch reservations and/or fastpasses. This works well when hopping to Epcot as there’s lots of good restaurants and lots of stuff to see without lineups in the World pavilions. We also used hoppers to get a boarding group at HS and then left the park to rope drop at MK as HS was a zoo at opening.