Is it worth paying for one night on site?

Good morning everyone
This is similar to some other recent posts (which are the reason I have started thinking about this and trying to convince my hubby haha) but just wanted to pick peoples brains about our specific situation so thanks in advance.

We are honeymooning in Disney 2nd-16th May staying at Port Orleans but we also plan to go to universal for a few days. At the moment we plan to go to universal on the 13th and 14th. On the 13th we plan to arrive mid morning get express passes and on the 14th arrive for opening to get some quieter time in the HP areas of the park. My husband is also very keen to see volcano bay so we had planned a day earlier in the week to go there as well.

What I am considering is would a one night stay on the 13th be a good plan for us (keeping our Disney room as well). Now I can see if we were 4 people one night at one of the hotels giving express unlimited passes would be a bit of a no-brainer if we planned to buy even 1 day off expresses passes but with 2 its not so clear cut. Looks like express unlimited passes for 1 day are $99 each and a room at Royal Pacific is around £300 so ~$390. Obviously we would get a second day with express unlimited but this was not something we were initially going to buy so it will cost about $200 more than we were initially planning to spend…

However we are also keen on the early entry benefits as I understand this is the best way to see HP (it was brilliant our last trip) and Volcano bay. Is it also correct we get early entry to volcano bay and the parks? So we could do most of the rides on day 1 then hit HP early entry day two then move to volcano bay early entry (time permitting) making the most of all our benefits or alternatively can we show up at the hotel early on check in day and be allowed to go to volcano bay for early entry before our room is ready?

Any input much appreciated

Thanks

B

1 Like

Yes you get early entry to all 3 but Express Pass just for US/IOA. You actually get early entry in check in day too.

1 Like

I always feel that the money spent on the room is money well spent. EP, an easy walk to the parks, the pools and City Walk

1 Like

Thanks for the replies so what we want to do is achievable if staying on site?

What would you say is a good rate for a room at any of the hotels that offer the express pass benefit.

Thanks

B

I think we are going to go for it but just to confirm we can show up early on our check in day leave our bags collect EPs and head to early entry at either volcano bay or HP? Is there any chance they won’t let us as my persuasion is based on us getting early entry both days? Is this benefit written anywhere for example.
Thanks in advance
B

There’s no chance they won’t let you. As at WDW, you’re a resort guest and can use facilities as soon as you’ve checked in and to midnight on check out day. I don’t know if it’s written down anywhere but I’ve literally never heard of anyone having the tiniest issue doing this in 7 years as a TP member.

2 Likes

Search all sites to find the cheapest room, good luck, I think you’ve made the right decision. Do you have tickets yet, because there is a 4 for 2 day offer on at the moment

1 Like

Thanks very much @missoverexcited thats great that we are good to take advantage of early entry both days I just wanted to be sure.
Yes I’ve seen quite a variation in room price so definitely worth a look around as you say @Tate. We are coming from uk so already have tickets built in but thanks :slightly_smiling_face: for the heads up.
B

1 Like

Are you over for 2 weeks? as you already have the 14 day ticket I might consider 2 separate nights at Universal, making sure you can cancel the second one.

1 Like

Yes we are over 2 weeks but were just looking at the one night I think we we already have our hotel at Disney for the full-time.

However if your suggesting cancelling 1 I assume this is to work in some flexibility? Unfortunately I don’t think we can get good cancellation plus I’m not the best without a fixed plan lol.

B

You can cancel a Universal hotel within 5 days of check in for free, unlike Disney (from the U.K. anyway). I considered doing 1 night at Universal in each week so that we’d have 4 days with Express pass but I decided against it and we’re doing 2 consecutive nights/3 full days. We’ll still have our room at POFQ too. And we can always nip over for a day trip or even just a few hours if we feel like it.

1 Like

Hi, send a message to reception, I did and they confirmed back to me I can check in any time from 6am on arrival day and leave the bags in storage and go straight to the parks.

Sarah

1 Like

Thanks everyone we have one night in the hard rock hotel booked :slightly_smiling_face: my husband was really keen on that hotel.
I think with all the onsite benefits this should give us plenty of time for everything over the 2 days.
B

2 Likes