Is it true Express Passes don't work during the Early Entry hour? TY

Thank you. My travel agent didn’t mention that and I can’t find any clarifying info on the website.

That is correct - express pass can only be used during normal operating hours, not during early theme park entry.

1 Like

I’ve definitely used EP during EE before.
Last time was in 2018. Maybe it’s changed.

You have triggered a memory: I remember Gringotts and Forbidden Journey having an issue that the EP line was longer than the regular queue during EE?

1 Like

It never made our waits longer, but it didn’t really make a difference because the rides were practically walk on anyway.

1 Like

I found this:

4 Likes

I don’t think we were doubting it now but I agree with @Shmebulock that I remember it being different years ago.

2 Likes

Thanks all! I was finding conflicting info so maybe some of the posts I was looking at were old.
I guess I could see if my touring plan has me using any express passes during the early entry hour. I would think Touring Plans would know the most recent info.

1 Like

We’ve been on five trips since Sep 2019 - the most recent over Christmas 2021 - and no EP lines were operational during EE during those, at least not for Gringotts or Forbidden Journey. Not sure about prior to that as we didn’t start visiting until then.

2 Likes

Thank you! So I should be there before rope drop on Early Entry day at IOA and try to ride Hagrids (which has no express pass BUT is available at EE) and Velocicoaster (no express pass but is available at EE). By then the hour will probably be up and I just use the express pass the rest of the day on all the other express pass rides. Thank you!

3 Likes

Yup went in Jan 2022. No EE express.

2 Likes

Most of the time Express doesn’t get you any farther ahead in line during EE, especially since Hagrid and Veloci aren’t using it yet.

3 Likes