Is it really happening?!? Wine and Dine Half

Hiya headed to DW to run the half tomorrow at Wine and Dine. It’s me (46F), dear partner (42) and dear child (8). I was nervous we were not even going to be able to go as DC developed a fever two nights before. All the testing came back negative and there was no fever last night or this morning. Currently on plane about to take off. Here we go!

25 Likes

Everyone keep your fingers crossed I don’t succumb to child’s bug. I had an elevated temp yesterday but then it dropped again. Feel terrible right now but that is what 3 hours of sleep will do to ya.

13 Likes

Yay!!! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: hope everyone stays healthy and you have a great race!

7 Likes

Safe travels! I hope you all stay well! Good luck on the race.

6 Likes

Thanks!

5 Likes

Thank you!

6 Likes

Plans
11/4-11/8
Today I have to pick up bib, activate our annual passes and see Cirque Du Soleil.
They still had the summer sizzle sale for tonight so I could not resist.

Tomorrow umm run, then chill and nap before heading to after party with family

Monday animal kingdom to do DC Wilderness Explorers and Dinoland (must say goodbye) then drop DC at Camp Dolphin while moms ride TOT and RnR and have alone time.

Tuesday MK and maybe star wars but I want to see the Holiday fireworks so will try to convince family to go back for that

Wednesday Fly Home :sob:

14 Likes

Safe travels, have a great trip and good luck with the run!

6 Likes

Thank you!
It’s actually a jog/walk for me :grin:

8 Likes

You’re going to do great!!!

6 Likes

@FeatherYogi I am thrilled DC is feeling better and able to travel. 3 hours of sleep will absolutely wreck you.
I so hope you are feeling better for the run/walk! Can’t wait to follow along on your trip. Are you the only one doing the race or is your partner also running?

8 Likes

I’m the only one running this trip. DP does not run but has walked the 5Ks with me. Just had a cat nap on plane and feel a bit better. Held off on coffee to try and sleep but now need my coffee. But not airplane swill.

13 Likes

So glad they are better and you can go!!

Safe travels!!

7 Likes

Have great time!

6 Likes

I am so happy you were able to go!!! Sounds like a great trip.

:crossed_fingers: you stay nice and healthy.

6 Likes

Yes lack of sleep is the worst.
Thankfully I get an extra hour tonight with the time change :rofl:

7 Likes

Yeah Starbucks in baggage claim

14 Likes

Terminal C?

4 Likes

Yes we fly JetBlue

3 Likes

Excitement! Hopefully you all keep on the upswing have a fabulous trip!

3 Likes