Is Hollywood Brown Derby/F! package worth it?

We are not on a DDP, and it’s our only “signature” meal currently planned. I’m favoring “experience” dining over fancy, drawn out meals, because we have two young boys (3 and 6) and live in an area with great dining options (DC). Examples are Biergarten, Sci Fi, Tusker House and Chef Mickey (brkfst). I didn’t see any great options available for HEA viewings, and we are skipping Illuminations and ROL (we can’t keep the kids up late AND RD but so many times in a week b4 we will ALL pay the price), so this seemed like a good way to really enjoy F! H&V seems like a terrible value given the food and kid pricing, and one of our kids doesn’t eat pasta or pizza. But if it is a long, drawn out, expensive, low quality meal, maybe Mama Melrose would be better, or just something quick and easy at Commissary, and trying to get a FPP for F!? We are planning to hop to HS from MK after a 2 hour hotel break at CR. We are going to HS a second day, but I’m hoping we can hit BATB, LM and either AS2/TSM, since we have a SDD FPP later in the week. This plan is for June 29. TIA for your insight!

We enjoy the F! Package at HBd, but it is a relaxed meal with very little theming that will appeal to young children. When our DDs where younger they sometimes got bored during the meal. I think if you’re looking for theming, experience and (relative) speed over food quality then you may be better changing.

2 Likes

When we did it (back when dinosaurs roamed the parks and HS was actually related to Hollywood and not just WDW IP), the HBD F! Package was a good deal. I think that what you get may have reduced since then, but it still may be a good deal. We actually did it as a late lunch, which turned it into a good rest break which even restless kids might appreciate.

2 Likes

Same. Did HBD F! package years ago when DSs were younger and I seem to recall they were perfectly happy. Another option is the fantasmic dessert party and just do a quick service meal? Never done this myself, but it saves you a FPP; however, I wonder that time of year if you even really need a FPP for F!

1 Like

I was wondering the same…I last saw Fantasmic when you could still see the Golden Girls “house” and a live Indiana Jones show…oh, wait…

So my first hand knowledge isn’t reliable. It seems like you need to be there at least 30-45 minutes prior no matter what.

Since you live in DC there is nothing at HBD that you can’t get in the DMV. Would try something else especially with little kids.

2 Likes

I’m against the HBD F! dining package because it’s only two courses, unlike the Tiffins ROL dining package.

1 Like

I have not done an HBD F! dining package since ca 2000… HBD is hands-down my favorite restaurant in DHS. I’m kind of burned out on F! so I don’t do it often, but if I do, a dining package is the only way I’ll do it. I typically use MM for the package; it’s less expensive and is adequate Italian food (not as good as the EP choices, but better than Tony’s); I actually really like their pizza.

1 Like

I second the idea of considering the dessert party. It’d give your kids something to do while waiting for the show (if you’re ok with them filling up on sugar - there are a few grapes, crackers and cheese thrown in), and you still get the preferred seating.

1 Like