Is coral reef really that awful?

We ate there in 2012. Made the earliest lunch reservation they offer and we were able to sit next to the tank. Service got a little slow around dessert time. The food was good.

We ate there in Oct. Food was pretty good. Service was excellent. I agree, it is so unique with the big tanks, that it is worth a try. We were on Free Dinning, so it was a win/win situation. I did find it a little pricey if we were paying out of pocket.

I’m in the minority. I love it there. That said, the last time I ate there was dec 2013. It’s a family favorite. Never had an issue with the food. Or the service. Love the aquarium and the appetizers seem to be better than the entrees to me. I usually get a couple of apps vs an entree. But we are OOP.

I say give it a try.

1 Like

I’ve never had bad food or service.

I love the atmosphere. I had the swordfish and it was good. I think many visitors come from coastal regions and have access to fresh seafood therefore have very high expectations.

Ate there in October, and enjoyed the meal. Service was one of the best waiters I had my entire trip. Sat in the middle area, view was okay. Dh had the vegetarian option and liked it(he is vegan), I had the chicken and it was good.

Was it excellent can’t wait to go back, not really. For me Garden Grill is better.

My husband & I used to make Coral Reef our must do for New Years Eve dinner every year. But things change & we haven’t been back for several years.
Pros:
unique environment, great dessert (The Wave) & decent dinner choices.
Cons: remote (from World Showcase) & kind of expensive for what’s offered.
As others have mentioned, if pressed we’d go again, but for my money, time & for location we choose most of the other resturants available. Good luck.

We ate there on Monday. My kids loved watching the aquarium so I’d say that the atmosphere was great. Our food was decent and the service was good. My husband made the mistake of ordering the steak. After having dined at signature restaurants this was a very bad choice. I really wanted the lobster mac-n-cheese but it has been removed from the menu. Boo! Hiss! Nothing else on the menu sounded appealing to me at the time. I ended up ordering the mahi mahi. It was good but not what I had wanted. Overall, we enjoyed it and will return. Perhaps not on our next trip because there are many restaurants in Epcot that we want to try, but it is certainly not crossed off our list. No food pics but here is one of the Habanero Margarita that I enjoyed.

1 Like