Is $378 worth it?

I’m a huge SW fan when it comes to the original trilogy, I’ll admit, but I’m old enough now that I can skip it and not be bothered. When I was 10, however? Well, I would have been SO MAD if my parents said we had to skip it!

Since my wife and I will be returning in December for 8 nights, I figure I’ll get to experience SWGE then and perhaps even pull off a FPP (purposely scheduling one of my HS days on day 7).

1 Like

That’s what I’ve done with my July trip to get SDD (and Mickey and Minnie if it’s up and running by then.)

I do wonder if they will make special arrangements for SWGE. Otherwise it runs the risk of being pandemonium.

1 Like

If there were must have FPPs that I had to have, for us that was FOP, but say it was SDD which I haven’t been able to get with this, then it might even be worth looking at the Dibb FPP availability chart (better than TPs and updated much more often) and figuring out if buying two or three nights bookings were worth it to you. You’d still get the free parking for each day, but not gain the Magic band value again. If your party has two cars you’re probably STILL saving money each day (also FW is the only resort now not to charge parking, is there a benefit of having somewhere onsite to park for free, I don’t know).
Personally I think I’d be trying the Hotel Canary route for anything more than one night and actually using the booking to cover a couple of nights in the bubble,
TheDibb Fast Pass availability:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835236

As a family of 8, with two other adults that usually travel with us, it is hard to make changes after the initial set up and still stick together.

Ten’s the magic number with this trick, as that’s the most Magic Bands one plot at FW will give you, If you have two cars, and you can get FW at less than $100 a night, you’re actually saving money every day with a throwaway booking throughout your stay. And you’ll get 60 day FPP throughout.

1 Like

My family is also going in May 2020. We are staying in the bubble and I am putting HS as our last park day. Even then, I am concerned. I think Disney is going to make it difficult for even onsite to get these FPs. There are going to be a lot of non-Disney people who have no idea what they are doing that will be going to SWGE. Looking at all these add ons Disney is doing, including paid FPs for CL, I will bet that there will be a package of some sort that these people can purchase FPs for the attractions. This may be in addition to the new Star Wars hotel.

Now I have already told my family that there is a likelihood we may not get to go on one attraction, much less both in SWGE. However, much as I hate add ons, I am holding out hope that maybe there will be EMM for SWGE and surprise my DH with an early birthday present.

So, my take is, no I don’t think it is worth it for many reasons. The big one being that it may not give you much of an advantage at all.

1 Like

If you only book 1 night you can reserve fastpasses for check in and out days on day 60. For the rest of your vacation you can use the rolling fastpass window at 60 +2, 60+3 and so on to get each park days reservations

1 Like

Just want to throw this out there…you are overthinking this and you cannot control someone else’s happiness. Even in the bubble. You are only setting yourself up for your own unhappiness by making that a focus.

No matter what happens, she will LOVE this trip and she will love the efforts you put behind it…basically…you’re in a rabbit hole right now. Come back to the light. :blush:

4 Likes

Given the new change that fast passes are cancelled if rooms are cancelled, I assume @inactiveprofile method of cancelling an All Stars reservation would no long work because you would lose the fast passes.
What if I opted to pay for a week at All Stars even if I’m staying off site? (Could I check in online bc I don’t want to go there?) I’d think I could then keep my fastpasses, magic bands and the parking at disney parks? I think I could then make reservations 60 days prior to day one for the entire length of stay, rather than doing it each day, right?
Instead of the whole week, if I made hotel reservations for Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday would I be able to keep fast passes for Sunday/Monday, Tuesday/Wednesday, Thursday/Friday? But in that case because I have three separate reservations, I’d have three separate booking windows?
As @ryan1 suggested, I can consider paying to upgrade our experience.
@qwerty6 even though my room would be for 4 people, I can umbrella other members in my party to get fast passes?
Thanks all!

Consider, if you did this, then you’d also have a place to go and rest/swim during the day, if you wanted without leaving the park. You could also purchase with your magic band and you could have things shipped to your room. Just opt out of housekeeping and you can pick your stuff up before leaving the property for the night.

Also, if you can umbrella others in, why do you need to pay for 4 people other than to get the magic bands and use of the pool if you wanted it?

My plan is still campsite for the whole trip. That plus an off-site condo still volumes less than on site anything.

No campsite for my dates, so I have to go with all stars. Do you reserve/pay for the whole week- rather than alternate days I suggested above? Also, do you have to show up to check in? I’d rather not if I can do it remotely. Would they email/mail me a parking pass I could put in my rental car perhaps with magic bands?
@Ariadne interesting point about the number of people. My only hesitation is that there is also some chatter about restrictions on umbrella-ing people and I don’t want to accidentally leave my kids out :joy: I might tucked that thought I my back pocket until we get closer to November and see how things are shaking out.

1 Like

Following as i am curious about this umbrella policy. Wondering if i can book myself plus 2 or 3 kids at the campsite and add the quick service DP. Then share those credits with the rest of the fam. 2 adults, 4 kids total. Doing this might actually save us money for a 4 day trip. (285 campsite less 100 parking nets to cost of 185) I need to do the math on our QS dining.

The umbrella refers to booking FP for people on your friends and family list before they reach their FP day (as long as they don’t favs a package).

Thank you. I am sorry that I was not clear in my question/statement. I am aware of the umbrella and how it used to work. But, I am curious how it works now with the changes to the FP system (cancellation of FP if room is cancelled) as I heard this might change too.

Ah I thought you were thinking the umbrella was for dining!

1 Like

Glad I clarified! It’s just a short trip with just 1 TS so just looking at doing the QS dining for part of the family and spreading those across the whole family, but only if the umbrella still works for booking 60 day FP. So 3 or 4 of us “onsite” the whole trip with a paid campsite and the other 2 or 3 offsite.

I read somewhere that it still works but with a few changes. A big one being that once the FP are booked, you can’t change the ones for the offsite guests. That scares me so I was thinking of doing this:

Book campsite online for whole family and at 60 days book our fastpasses.
After the 30 day window, drop 2 from the reservation.
Call to add the quick service dining plan for 1 adult, 3 kids

I am still running the numbers to see if it will save any money.

I’ve heard you can’t modify FPs for offsite guests too. Hope you can work it out!

Well I did the math and it would be an extra net $75 for us to book a campsite for 3 nights to get the 60 day FP window. But that assumes I put all 6 on the reservation then book our FP’s, then once the 30 day window comes I drop 3 people from the reservation and add the QS dining plan for 1 adult and 2 kids. Those credits would cover us for our 4 days in the parks as we also have 1 TS booked. Here is my math:

With Campsite:
3 nights = 283.50
QS Dining Plan 1 adult, 2 kids = 300.18
OOP Food costs = 111
Total = 695

Without campsite:
4 days parking = 100
OOP Food Costs = 520
Total = 620

Net difference = 75

Oh decisions, decisions! Our 60 day FP window would open March 11 so I must decide soon. But I haven’t even bought tickets yet! AAAHHHHH!! First world problems. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Question on FP availability at 30 days…i dont have tickets yet so i cant check. Looking to book morning fastpasses at MK for PP and BTMR. Are these usually available for morning times at 30 days? 6 people

Same question for Soarin and TT at Epcot.

And FWIW our dates are May 12-15