Into the unknown meets hakuna mattata (I hope)

FP on Space because of the earlier breakdown.

3 Likes

It looks like you guys are having such a great time together!! So glad you don’t have to think about school!! Thank you for all you did to keep everyone safe!! I don’t know what we would do without our nurses in a non pandemic year
let alone Covid!! :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Thanks! It has been great!!!

I loved what I did for 30 years but this past year really took more time from my kid than I am ok with so on to new adventures! This was a good way to start!

3 Likes

Good morning everyone! We have switched hotels and this is the view this morning:

I love WL! If they would let me move in I’d already have my bags packed!
Yesterday we packed up, left everything except our bathing suits and my CPAP machine at bell services, walked to the skyliner at RR (stopped to see the gorgeous mosaics), got off at HS and caught a bus to WL
it was an awesome transfer! I love the skyliner!!
Our room was actually ready so we went up to see and it is gorgeous! No carpet makes my day. Picnic lunch and then we swam for 2 hours. It was so beautiful! Then showers and off to MK for a 3:20 reservation at Jungle Skipper Canteen. Love taking the boat over!!! Jokes as corny here as in the JC chuckled the whole time! The cheese bread with chimichuri sauce was delicious as was the sangria! My kiddo got some kind of frozen apple juice.
The falafel and Thai noodles were also good but the real showstopper was the chocolate cake!
Most things were offline when we got out so we went to HM
so fun! Galaushes and ponchos again! When we were done BTM was up and a walk on! So fun zipping through the line! Then Splash! Not a walk on but so much fun! Saw a family eating a full on meal in the line
it struck me as so funny and so genius all at the same time! Seemed like either a lot of people were riding who needed extra time to get into the logs or someone new was learning how to operate the ride as we kept getting stuck.
I’ll take rainy over hot any day of the week (and that is from someone who has had rain every day this week!). It was just a gentle rain today and made it so pleasant walking around. There is no way I would survive the parks in the full hot sun! It’s been our genius move this week to be in the pool midday!
Then it was time for JC also love this ride! Got to see the backside of water​:joy::joy::joy: Skipper Ian was hilarious. My kid is old enough to get the jokes which has been fun! Then over to Buzz Lightyear which I was awful at
my kid beat me by 80,000! Then people mover
swoon
love this ride! Then onto SM where the line was moving quickly! Can not make this up
I was in the front row of the first rocket again!!! This time kept my eyes open and it was way better!!! Fun but not terrifying! My kid could not stop laughing! Off SM and over to PP
love this ride but why does it load soooo slowly!!! That closed the park for us the only disappointment was that we got in line (or so I thought) for a picture and when I thought it was our turn the guy said (rather obnoxiously) the line is over there to the right
we’ll every other line was behind the photographer on Main st! I was so caught off guard and embarrassed that we just left. I almost cried. Then tried to remind myself that it wasn’t the picture it was the trip but I was seriously disappointed. Then we passed by a kiddo having a hard time and I remembered how lucky we are! Our rainy selfie is probably better than any posed picture anyway!
Back on a lovely boat and home again! This was the first night we could have gone night swimming but we were too tired! AK closes at 7pm tomorrow so maybe tomorrow night!
I can’t believe we are heading home tomorrow! We have had all the fun! My feet and legs hurt at the end of the day but it’s not as bad as I was afraid it would be. My kid is so much fun to travel with. She’s funny, goofy and kind!. We look like a nice mother-daughter pair but if you listen closely we are mostly making fart jokes! I miss the little girl who would hold my hand and snuggle but this is pretty great too!
We are headed to Chef Mickeys and then AKL b/4 heading to AK!!!
Have a great day everyone!

13 Likes

Great view! Sounds like a fun time at MK. Your rainy selfie is lovely! Enjoy AK. @dreamer and her daughter will be there too! Maybe a liner meet?

2 Likes

Thanks! Oh that would be fun! I’ll keep an eye out!

2 Likes

I was just going to ask if we would get to see YOUR lovely face this trip! You guys are ADORABLE :heart_eyes: LOL re: farting jokes. You’re right. We would never know from your pics!

Your view at WL? Can’t do a whole lot better than that I think! You should share your room number later for those who would want that angle view. I know it’s not a fireworks angle (right?) but for me sunrise is what I want to see!!

Looks like you’ve had a great time. Bummer you’re heading home today but you’ll just have to get planning on when to come back!

I hope you and @Dreamer find each other!

4 Likes

You’re right! I’ll post it on the room finder when we get home! It was so lovely! Didn’t find @dreamer b/c we were soooo late getting to AK! That would have been so nice!

Good Morning friends!
I am so sad to be leaving today! What a time we have had!!! Just what we needed.
We checked out of WL yesterday, took a boat to MK and the monorail to the Contemporary for our “breakfast” at Chef Mickey’s
it was 12:20! The food was shockingly delicious and the characters adorable!

The only problem was we ate so much we needed a nap! 2 bus rides later and we were at AKL. Room wasn’t ready so to the pool we went! So much fun!!! Hadn’t been to the Kidani side b/4. The pool is incredible! Finally made it to AK at 3pm b/c I wanted to see the Kingdom takes Flight at 3:15. All these years and I had never seen it! It was beautiful!!! When we had to cancel our trip last March a CM and I had a lovely conversation. She then added FP to my account to use on a “someday” trip. We had stopped at guest services on our way in and found out we could use them in Pandora!!! So off we went and rode Navi and FOP with NO WAIT!!! It was awesome!!! This time on FOP we got sprayed with water which had t happened before. That ride is so incredible!!! The wait times were crazy and we were both feeling 7 days worth of tired so off to Nomad Longe were we were able to get on the walk up wait list and seated after 10 minutes! I had Jenn’s Tatoo and Kate had the impossible sliders
I may have stolen a French fry or 2!
Then it was off to the safari where all the animals were playing around b/c there was a light drizzle! After that we decided to call it! Back to AKL where our room was ready
what a disappointment!!! The view is so ugly and so far away from the pool! Kate was actually not interested in a swim just wanted to relax. Put in a mobile order for Sanaa and went down to get it. Delicious samosas in bed! Then we’re treated to an absolutely gorgeous sunset!!! Just like that we like the room! I’m sitting out on the balcony now and it is lovely! I’m a sucker for a balcony even if it overlooks the parking lot! Kate sleeps so late I’m on my 4th book this trip! That alone is making me feel normal! Not dealing with emails and phone calls is also helping! My brother is worried that my Dad has been getting worse since we left but he has been sounding ok on the phone. Loosing his brother really shook him up but will see when we get home. I’m hoping it’s because Kate and I are the ones that are usually there every day. Back in the day he would have loved this trip! I’m so glad kate has memories of him here. He’s such a kid at heart.
Today will be a pool day and then the Tragical Express! I hope everyone with trips planned has a great time!

Thoughts:
Skyliner is awesome although weather dependent.
CBR is nice if you can stay in Martinique. It is so spread out and the buses take a long time to go around the resort. Being close to RR gives more food options.
WL is still my favorite! It’s beautiful, great food and easy to navigate!
AK, well giraffes! Love it!!! Amazing pools, great choice for AK and BB days.
June: not as awful as I was afraid of. It is surface of the sun hot but we spent midday in the pools so it was great! Rained every single afternoon/evening but we were prepared and it didn’t slow us down.
Traveling with a tween and no RD actually made it a very relaxing trip!
Without FP I thought it would be awful but mostly we rode what we wanted when the lines were shortest based on the TP app. Seemed to be 20 minute waits interspersed with walk ons. Meant more walking though. Only FOP was more than 60 minutes but we waited until it was listed as 45 but actual was 30. Felt worth it to us because we had not ridden before and it blew our minds!
Would still rather have FP back.
Glad we ordered as much food as we did from Amazon Prime Now. Ate almost all of it. Food here is so expensive! Granted we did 2 character meals. If Cirque du Soleil, DAH or WAT were open would have rather spent that money on experiences but we had a nice time.
7 day trip was incredible!!! Perfect amount of time! Loved having 2 days at AK and MK. BB was a lot of fun.
COVID related: hardly any mask use, glad it’s required on transportation, no social distancing except what you do yourself, parks seemed packed although supposedly there are capacity caps. Hand sanitizer still available everywhere. If the line wasn’t moving or indoors we put our masks on saw a few others do the same. Not too worried about COVID since we are both vaccinated but just more germ aware in general.

10 Likes

For some reason I thought you left two days ago! I guess I was confused by the split stay :smiley:

Looks like you had a great day yesterday! Squeeze in all the fun today. Safe travels home!

Sounds like a great last day yesterday! Thanks for sharing your trip.

Well good grief when a magical trip ends it really ends! First our flight was delayed for 4 hours!!! Thoroughly annoying until I learned that some folks on our flight were supposed to have flown out at 7AM!!! Then my poor kid started with a runny nose on the flightđŸ˜±. We finally landed at2am and since we were carry ons only we were home in bed by 2:30😀. I had to get a crown fixed (b/c of course)at 10am and when I got back sure enough my little pumpkin had a fever so off to the doctor! Luckily no other symptoms and since she always gets a sinus infection after a vacation that involves a pool fingers crossed! Rapid and PCR negative thank goodness! If she still has a fever in a few days they’ll start antibiotics but hopefully she will get rid of it on her own! In hindsight going to WDW after being so cautious might have been a bit crazy! Seeing my kiddo sick made me feel so guilty. When I apologized to her she said “mom I’m fine that was the best trip ever!”. Oh my girl
I went and bought her all the popsicles and all the Ice cream (it’s 95 degrees here and no air conditioning) we set up the fan and watched Luca and the Mysterious Benedict Society. She seemed better by bedtime and is still sleeping so that’s good! It’s odd not to have any responsibilities! I’m just lounging around watching Manifest and half heartedly cleaning the house! I go into work one more time tomorrow to orient someone. It was too hard to do while school was in session! Sad not to have a trip to look forward to. I have really loved our trips to Disney. This group has made the planning and the trips so much fun! Thank you!! Will be taking some time to see more of the world but I’m pretty sure we will be back someday!!!

14 Likes

Oh, I hope your beautiful daughter is on the mend soon! Not a fun way to end your trip, but DD certainly is a trooper!! So glad you had a wonderful trip!!

Thanks so much! She really is! Fever lasted less than a day thankfully! Funny because she does swim team fine but whenever she swims on vacation this happens. Made me realize how long it’s been since she’s been sick at all!!!

1 Like

Thanks for the great trip report, lovely photos, and your final thoughts. So glad you and your beautiful daughter had a fun and relaxing time!

1 Like