Into the Unknown - Large Family Trip Report, Now with Wrap-up Thoughts!

Oh for all the cute! Multiple bags fell into my cart. :rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing all the details of your trip! It was almost like we were there with you! And that view from your room?! :heart_eyes: Iā€™ve been wanting to stay in BLT theme park, but our kids are older and MK isnā€™t where itā€™s at for us. Butā€¦ Iā€™m working on convincing DH that itā€™s perfect for a coupleā€™s trip.

1 Like

I think it could be a great place for that. Morning coffee on the balcony, hopping on the monorail to enjoy all the resort loop restaurants, strolling down Main Street without having to worry about the stress of catching a bus. Sounds lovely. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

That monorail loop will be the clincher for him I think! He would be completely on board if Top of the World Lounge was open.

1 Like

They are so cute! Now Iā€™m wishing I had bought a couple of these for my next trip instead of the backpacks.

2 Likes

:heart:

Which, letā€™s be fair, is how the adults were probably honestly feeling ā€“ only you canā€™t say it out loud unless youā€™re 5 because then you sound like a child.

And cue the pixie dust in my eyes!

Classic. One for the ages!

I bet @Jeff_AZ told her she couldnā€™t have something. He does that to adorable little girls.

7 Likes

Rider Swap

Last trip, DD5 was only 2.5yo and barely cleared 35", so the only RS we used was literally just the adults taking turns. This was our first trip trying to get double rides for kids, which I knew going in they had tightened up.

Our first attempt was at 7DMT on Day 1, but we made a crucial mistake: we approached the CM as one big group, and said the two dads would sit out first, so she scanned their bands. But then when I asked about the girls riding twice, she got very stone-faced and said ā€œOnly two passes are allowed.ā€ We didnā€™t press it then, because we werenā€™t even sure yet how the girls would react, and we had not promised it to them, so it was fine. But lesson learned there: approach separately as just two adults and the kids. Donā€™t act like the adults will be waiting together. When we did it that way, the CM always asked, ā€œAnd will she [DD5] be riding twice?ā€ and then scanned her band, no issue.

We made sure to do the RS even on FoP where no kids rode, and we had our ILLs, just in case the second riders ended up being past our window, and sure enough, we ended up being the very last minute of our window tapping in. So, I still recommend doing it, even if you have ILLs/LLs, so that you donā€™t risk some unforeseen event preventing you from getting to use it!

1 Like

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

5 Likes