International Travelers Trusted Traveler Program

I was listening to the Dis the other day and Pete Werner mentioned the Trusted Traveler Program which provides an expedited process through customs, saving a boatload of time. It’s essentially a prescreening program for non-threatening, low-risk travelers. The one international travelers would apply for is Global Entry. The application fee is $100 and is good for five years. I don’t know if any of you are using it, but it sounds like a good thing.

Yes, love it, nothing worse than waiting in long immigration line when arriving home after a long flight. It also gives you TSA pre-check.

1 Like

I fly in and out of a small regional airport, so I never seriously considered doing the TSA pre-check, but it’s probably worth it for the coming home leg through Orlando.

All airports will be offering PreCheck by the end of the year, including the small ones.

1 Like

My airport has it, it’s just not necessary because the line is never longer than 30 minutes

I travel a lot, have Global Entry, and use it and love it. My kids and husband have it too.

Note that children under 13 can tag along with an adult for Precheck. Kids cannot tag along for Global Entry and have to have their own membership.

1 Like

I got NEXUS this year, the Canadian version of the Trusted Traveler program, and it works just like Global Entry, but much cheaper. If you live near the US/Canadian border, that’s the one I’d recommend.

1 Like

For the precheck part, it’s not guaranteed, but in practice, all family members on the same reservation, both adults and children, have gotten precheck with me.

1 Like