Indiana Jones now open with new effects

Indiana Jones reopened today. The linked tweet has a description of one of the new effects:

https://twitter.com/scottgustin/status/1636704595069095937?s=46&t=o5hb2IhktPeuVj4nnnvyVA

I just hope all the existing effects work properly now.

6 Likes

This article says all the effects were touched up, including the animatronic snake and rolling boulder. Sounds awesome!

4 Likes

Swoon! Indy when it has its effects is my #1 favorite ride in all DLR. It’s been sad as of late with the boulder being lame and the snake still. Now just have to figure out the next DLR trip…. :thinking:

3 Likes

I’m so excited! My favorite effect is when it feels.like darts are coming out of the wall at you. I scream laugh every time! And I am so happy for my family to ride.

2 Likes

That is a great part!

2 Likes

Yes! I love that part too. It’s such a great ride when it’s all working.

2 Likes

My G+ planning (which has been 10000 times easier than WDW) was all without Indy, but now that it will be open, I assume it’s top LL priority while RDing non-G+ stuff, right?

(Sorry, I know there’s a G+ thread that certainly addresses this. :joy:)

2 Likes

It does need to be one of your morning priorities, especially since it just barely opened. I would actually suggest getting it as your first LL (MFSR is actually not too hard to get comparatively).

1 Like

I am tracking LL times on thrill data for my trip a week after yours. Will report back as the data from the 16th hardly counts.

2 Likes

I gotta say, the first two days it was distributing times after 10pm at 10 am. I would use BG1 to grab this very first thing in the morning.

2 Likes

We are really excited this opened back up before our trip!

4 Likes

Me too!! I need to find out if Toon Town is open yet.

1 Like

It is open! Supposed to be super cute with lots of chill space. Hold, I have a link!

2 Likes

This is a good one: https://www.micechat.com/307775-disneyland-toontown-essential-guide/

2 Likes

So cute!! I’m excited!

3 Likes

Accurate. Didn’t get a great look at everything through wind and rain at the time, but the theming is top notch.

3 Likes

Toontown is beautiful. The forced perspective on the hills works really well, to the point that I had to keep reminding myself it was not real. I genuinely felt a weird sense of space while I was in there. It’s great!

2 Likes

I was hoping the moving to different doors at the start would be back, but it’s not. The other affects work though and some extras were added.

2 Likes

As I recall that effect was super expensive to maintain so I’m not sure it’s ever going to come back unfortunately :frowning:

1 Like