In-room dining breakfast logistics

Now that PPO ADRs aren’t a viable strategy, I’m trying to find a solution for my ALWAYS hungry husband who wants to feel like he got a “real” breakfast to tide him over until our lunch ADR. Can room service deliver at a specific time if you order the night before? How do they handle food allergies with room service?

Room service is not currently operating. :frowning:

1 Like

Really? It is here at the Dolphin.

2 Likes

Really?

Yes, it’s not operating at the WDW hotels. At least not as of last week. I suppose something may have changed in the last few days while I was away?

2 Likes

Looks like it’s only available at Grand Flo at this time.

3 Likes

That sucks. UOR also has room service.

2 Likes

Ugh thanks

1 Like

Even though it’s not currently operating maybe it will be by the time we go in October. I’d love to game plan this with my ADRs in a few weeks. So if anyone has details on how it worked in the before times, I’d still love to know in case it’s a viable option. We are also considering Starbucks drive thru on the way to parks

2 Likes

Where will you be staying? I don’t recall seeing it at value or moderate resorts pre-Covid, but I could be wrong - we never used it.

Split stay Poly/contemporary #revengetravel

3 Likes

For our March stay at BC, we did a mobile order to the marketplace (the quick service / store in the hotel) and got breakfast to go to eat back in our room. We ordered the waffle / egg / bacon platter and it was great. I think my husband picked it up still in his PJs. Would that be an option for your husband?

4 Likes

Since they shut down room service we’re discovered that we like mobile-ordered resort breakfast better, especially when we were at Boardwalk, with limited breakfast options last April. We’d order from the Marketplace at BC and by the time we walked over there (often with a stop for mobile-ordered latte from the bakery, since that wasn’t an option at Marketplace) it was ready, we’d eat on the little patio and then be on our way.

1 Like

Thank you! I think it would work for Mr. Hangry but I don’t trust mobile ordering for my multiple food allergy kid. Maybe I can hybrid solution this and order him some bacon etc while she and I have instant oatmeal.

Thanks! The Marketplace was so good in 2019 with our daughter’s food allergies but I don’t quite trust Capt Cook because of all the nuts and sesame at the Poly. Food allergies suck. So do hangry husbands. I guess we shall see

2 Likes