Impromptu June trip!

Hello-haven’t posted in a couple of years as we haven’t had a trip on the docket. Next year is a big birthday for both DH & DD, so we were possibly thinking of another big trip then-but have decided to go out of the country instead. Anyway, long story short, we really wanted an opportunity to go on Guardians & Tron so a long weekend in June has been booked! I normally take around a year and a half to plan, so this is a fast turnaround :joy:.

Our plans so far-3days in the parks, Epcot, MK, E park hop HS. Disney Springs before we go to the airport. The two full days I don’t have many questions-other than do you think a dessert party will be in the cards for our MK night? It’s one of the few things my daughter remembers from when she was 10 (5 years ago).
I do have questions about park hopping from Epcot to HS-we will probably take a break in between & will have a car. We were last at WDW 2 years ago. Any advice?

5 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean by this? It can be in the cards if you want it to be!

2 Likes

Where are you staying?

1 Like

If you have a car and are going back to your hotel, I recommend taking your car. The only exception would be if you really want to take the Skyliner and are ok going back to Epcot after your time at HS. Then you could bus back to your hotel and to HS (depending on where you’re staying). But honestly I would recommend driving still and just taking a round trip ride somewhere on the Skyliner once you get to HS later.

1 Like

Oh! I meant-do people think they’ll have the dessert parties? Are they back to every night? How crazy expensive is it going to be? Thanks for asking a clarifying question!

Coronado Springs (first time there)

Last time we were there we were at Caribbean Beach, so riding the Skyliner isn’t a must do for us. We’ll probably drive everywhere.

1 Like

Right now, I’m thinking Epcot in the am. HS in the evening. With a break at the resort in between. My daughter & I are huge Star Wars fans so that’s the main point of HS, although we’d like to so Slinky at night. & I’ll try to stack G+ for the big rides. I doubt if we’ll go to Fantasmic, but might change our minds on the fly.

1 Like

They are back every night at Magic Kingdom. Define expensive? lol

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/fireworks-dessert-party-seats/

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/fireworks-dessert-pre-party/

3 Likes

lol-that is definitely a price increase…I’m not sure my husband will want to pay that. Not sure I want to pay that.
Anyone been since the “relaunch”? Is it “worth” it?

2 Likes

Always a personal question.

For me, absolutely not

But I know that there are several people here who love them

2 Likes

There are YouTube videos that will show you what to expect and what is offered at the dessert parties. It might be useful to check those out and decide if you think it is worth it for your family.

1 Like

I hope it it is. I booked it for my Memorial Day trip.

I went in January and did the MK fireworks dessert party for the first time. It was definitely worth it to do it once but I most likely will not do it again.

2 Likes