Im scared! 😂

Hi everyone!!! Hope the weekend is starting off good! I was just wondering who has all gone in May? We are going May 17-21 with my in-laws who have never been before! My mother in law is a teacher so we had to wait until May but I’m really scared the parks are going to be packed and they’re not going to enjoy it has much. I’m used to going in September and January and I still think the crowds have gotten a tad intense! Please let me know what y’all think!! I don’t want to scar them for life and then they never want to come back! :flushed:

1 Like

May is a lovely time to go. Great weather and manageable crowds. Flower and Garden at Epcot!! You’ll have a ball.

3 Likes

Make personalized TPs - having a good plan makes all the difference! Also, make sure that your in-laws have bought into the concept of having a touring plan - nothing makes a WDW trip more miserable than having people who will not cooperate and then complain about the crowds and how long they have to stand in line.

2 Likes

Yaya! Thank you! Positive thinking! :+1:t2::raising_hand_woman:t3:

1 Like

Thank you!! Luckily they’ve let me totally take the reins on this so hopefully it’s the same when we get there!! Fingers crossed

I think you may be surprised. We also have been doing September/October and January/February and that was what we got used to. We did a last minute 4 day weekend for Memorial Day last year and had very low expectations as far as what we would/could accomplish due to crowds we anticipated and were very pleasantly surprised. It was actually one of our favorite trips!

1 Like

Oh perfect! I’m feeling better about it now! Thanks so much. Have a great weekend!

Letting someone do all the planning and actually following their plans are two different things, as many Liners have learned the hard way. Taking the time to explain how the plans will benefit the group and setting expectations for touring style (RD strategy, not getting on an attraction simply because you are near it when it is planned for a later time, etc.) will hopefully avoid conflicts on the day.

4 Likes

I agree. One of the best times in terms of weather and crowds. There is never low crowds but they should be manageable. Using this site and a good TP with be so beneficial.

1 Like

Shhhh! Don’t give away how good this time of year is. We are going the week of 5/16-5/23. So far booking everything has been a piece of cake. Lots of onsite rooms are still bookable from what I can tell. I think that week will be the calm before the Memorial day week storm. FP booking is next and I’m hoping it will be a breeze. We went a few weeks early in May 2018 and we thought the crowds and weather were great.

1 Like

That time in May should actually be good. A lot of school systems won’t be out for the summer yet. We’ve gone over Memorial Day weekend multiple times and didn’t feel it was too crowded.

We went last year May 14-21 and I thought it was great. I’ve been in Feb, May, and November and May was my favorite so far. It was hot a couple of days but really nice a few days too. Love bugs were starting to die off and not bad at all. Crowds were very manageable.

1 Like

May is very nice and one of my favorite times to visit. We visited last month (first visit in January in many years) and were really surprised at the crowds. The weather wasn’t great either, but no guarantees there.