I'm not going to Disney World!

Waiting for “Don’t rain on my cavalcade” to be a thing now.

5 Likes

I’m still waiting for my flight to be totally messed up. Right now it’s perfect… but thru August they have canceled it. I should find out next week…

So, @kerrilux_625778, if u had to tell ur husband, im going to Disney despite the “crap” going on, with or with out u, how would u sweet talk it? I wanna go sooooo bad. Ive been taking precautions but DH isnt a Disney person. We do NOTHING apart but I WANNA GO NOW! Just looking for a fems advice. I took a break from the forums for months but lived ur post b4 i left! :heart_eyes:

I’m afraid I’m not much help on this one. My husband would be totally on board with a trip right now. Not to mention, ask anyone who knows me IRL, I’m not one for sweet talk or coddling!! I guess you could go with a if you’ll go to Disney then I’ll go to … with you.

1 Like

Lol, Im not there, its a, Im going, please come! Then ill feel bad, lol!!! Hes not a WDW, he will tolerate for me. Yall, anybody got some plus points to go in a couple months? I need negotiation. Lol! Were die hards here, i guess i come up blank with his “covid” excuse​:rofl::rofl::grimacing::grimacing:

Do you have a friend who would want to go with you? I have taken two trips with a friend and left my husband and kids at home. They were four years apart mind you. This isn’t a regular occurrence.

1 Like

Astonishingly, I am actually going with a friend. We’re taking the train together and staying in the same hotel, though we’re not sharing a room. She’s a girl and girls are gross.

The boy in the hat is Calvin, after whom my dog is named. G.R.O.S.S. is his man-only club that he shares with his stuffed tiger.

6 Likes

You are explaining Calvin and Hobbes to me?
I am not some savage!!!

Glad you have a friend going! Plan B is working out extremely well! (Even if your friend is gross.)

5 Likes

I’m worried it may work out too well.

DLP is so so so much easier and less stressful to get to than WDW. The trip is also much cheaper (though it’s also shorter).

I’m not saying WDW is dead to me, but I am thinking that one WDW trip a year and one DLP trip a year may be the way forward, rather than two WDW trips.

2 Likes

Sounds good to me!
Try different hotels at DLP. Different restaurants. It can’t be a bad thing.
Then you can spend more on your one trip to WDW. Or even find a way to make it to DLR!

2 Likes

For sure. Also, like WDW, DLP is building new attractions so there’ll be new stuff to try.

One year, WDW will be ditched in favour DLR for sure.

Did you visit CA when you lived stateside?

Yes, including DLR. Wasn’t a particular fan of the West Coast.

No, well no one that would go with out their young children, lol.

Theme parks such as the Disney parks are wholly inappropriate places for children.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: yes, normally i would take a kid or 3 or 4. But I want my next Disney trip to be low key and leisurely. There’s much more planning with kids involved, especially the little ones.

This. I’ve actually been thinking it might be nice to take each of my kids separately on a trip to WDW. It would be easier from a planning perspective, but it would also be nice to have some one-on-one time with each of them. My husband didn’t like the idea. Apparently it isn’t fair that I’d get to go twice and he wouldn’t get to go at all. Maybe he is becoming a Disney fan…

3 Likes

My husband generally is ok once we get there. But whines till we go, Lol. My kiddos are grown. I would have liked to take them separately tho. They have different interest. I think it would be 2 totally different experiences. Hmmmm, maybe u could find a consolation prize for hubby, lol, or each fly in for 1/2 of the trip seperately.

We talked about splitting up on our last trip so we’d each have a day with just one, but it didn’t happen. Maybe I can send him to watch sports somewhere lol

2 Likes

Me too.