I'm headed back to Disneyland! Solo & San Diego this time too! (February DLR PTR!)

Alrighty folks, starting another Pre-Trip Report…
This time it’s for my return to Disneyland after only 8 years!!!

Originally, I had intended to do this last year in November, but my parents and the situation in California prevented me from doing so, and I ended up going up to Atlanta, GA for a fun 4-day, 3-night adventure from November 14th through the 17th. It was a nice thing to do, the weather was nice, it was okay and all, but there wasn’t a lot to do per say. So now it’s been there done that for me.

Now this time, I’m going to try again!

This will be my second time in Disneyland, and my first time doing Viva Navidad at DCA (Three Caballeros Fan here [image]) and I am so excited too! For that regards I am a current WDW AP and have seen both Panchito and Jose (the former being my top favorite Disney Character, alongside Scrooge McDuck, Judy Hopps, and Chip’n’Dale) in Discovery Island Carnivale and Move It Shake It Mousekedance It!

However, I’ve since decided to go up to Savannah, GA and down to West Palm Beach and Ft Lauderdale instead during 11/13-11/17. But in the bright side of things, this could ultimately be my VERY FIRST TIME doing the Lunar New Year’s Celebrations at DCA and may be my first time meeting Mushu and Mulan!

Likely Itinerary is as follows…

Sunday February 12 (or 5) - Travel/Downtown Disney
Flying from MCO to SAN (with a connection at DFW) on American Airlines, departing 7:30am, eta in SAN at 1:36pm.
Uber or Lyft to Santa Fe Depot before taking Amtrak’s Pacific Surfliner up to Anaheim
Check-In and Downtown Disney in the evening

Monday February 13 (or 6) - 1st Park Day (Disneyland AM/DCA PM)
Likely going to see World of Color and may end up meeting Panchito, Donald, and Jose that day
Main Focus for DL is Frontierland, Adventureland, and (1/2 of ) Fantasyland, DCA it’ll be Pixar/Paradise Pier, Cars Land, & Paradise Gardens Park

Tuesday February 14 (or 7) - 2nd Park Day (DCA AM/Disneyland PM)
Likely seeing Disneyland’s Christmas Fantasy Parade, and their fireworks show
Main focus for DCA will be MOST LIKELY Avengers Campus, Grizzly Park Airfield, and Hollywood Blvd, and DL it’ll be the remaining 1/2 of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland

Wednesday February 15 (or 8) - 3rd (HALF) Park Day (Disneyland Park or DCA Catch Up Day, then back to San Diego)
This day will be used to “catch-up” on anything I may have missed at either park (or do over again). I’ll also check out of the hotel and in the afternoon catch an ART Bus to the Anaheim Train Station and catch an Amtrak train back to San Diego before heading to the Hilton at the San Diego Airport via Uber to check-in there, and catch the MTS and check out what Downtown San Diego has to offer.

Thursday February 16 (or 9) - Travel Home
Early in the morning, I’ll catch an airport shuttle from the hotel to San Diego Airport, and then fly out back to MCO (once again, (say it with me) with a connection in DFW) on American Airlines.

I’m hoping the air travel chaos subdues somewhat by then and that American doesn’t screw up (fortunately, back in August 2021 I flew them MCO-CLT-BWI, and the flight to BWI from CLT got cancelled, so I did standby on another flight for free, and I made it to BWI, basically making AA a saving grace to me. I rebooked my return travel the next day and the agent on the phone kindly put me on an earlier flight from BWI to CLT and in turn to MCO.)

Hotel: Disneyland Hotel (2/12-2/15 or 2/5-2/8), Hilton San Diego Airport (2/15-2/16, or 2/8-2/9)
Tickets: 3-Day w/ Park Hopper & Genie+
Dates: February 12-16, 2023 OR February 5-9, 2023

3 Likes

So happy for you! I can tell you’re very excited!!

Following!

Everything’s all set in stone (and BOOKED!!!) Going February 5-9, 2023!!!
One of the notable differences I’m seeing for DLR is that you cannot book Park Pass reservations until a certain time, because from what I can see, I can’t do mine until October 3.

5 Likes

We went to DLR for the Lunar New Year celebration for the first time this past year. It was fairly well done. I hope you enjoy your trip back to DLR and being able to see/do something different!

If you care, I wrote about our Lunar New Year trip to DLR here: LunEAR New Year.