I'm going to Disneyland Paris! (now featuring Trip Report!)

I just went up to early thread bits to see that you are due to arrive DLP 10pm which means we all have to wait for park pics until tomorrow :grimacing: I hope you’ll be sharing exterior/interior DLP resort arrival pics. :clap:

2 Likes

Please tell me you’re joking.

2 Likes

Longer, slower line at immigration than I was expecting.

Something around 50 people in 100,000 are COVID positive, I think. So the likelihood you’re near one is small. And, as has been said, people breathing through their noses are breathing shallowly. And mostly onto themselves.

But it just annoys me. There is a social contract. We follow the rules. When it’s this serious we do. You don’t have to take a train or a flight. And it’s not that difficult to wear a damn mask.

21 Likes

I’ll do my best, but it may be tricky. It’s dark out there. And I won’t get there till after 11pm.

3 Likes

:clap:

2 Likes

Also — nobody followed the disembarkation instructions. They just all fought their way to the front. Including an elderly Hasidic Jew from whom I expected better.

Double also — why do countries treat arriving, cash-spending tourists with such contempt? They’ve got two immigration officers working. For two flights.

6 Likes

My driver has picked me up. Very efficient service. Beautiful car. Big Mercedes mini-van.

I will also say that the Air France plane was outstandingly clean. Like brand-new clean.

10 Likes

It occurs to me that I’m in France. I’ve made it. I’m here. In a car and on my way to Disneyland. Maybe I should stop moaning.

Just finished watching Ratatouille. Amazing animation. Lovely film. Of course, I love rats. I had eight at one point. It also made me miss Calvin a bit.

27 Likes

Yes

6 Likes

You’re entering France, right?

8 Likes

Yes! Virtual high five! Can’t wait to see DLP! I may never make it there, but you never know. I have plans to visit Normandy one day… :partying_face:

3 Likes

I’m in my room.

First impression?

I love, love, love this resort. And my room. And everything about all of it.

20 Likes

Reception. They’re big on security here. Entry to the resort by a gatehouse as at WDW. But guard on duty (and it’s late) at the check-in building. Did a full bag check of all my bags. Had to open my suitcase to be scanned.

Super-friendly check-in person.

My Magic Pass — room key / park entry

But how cool is the back —

It’s a proper plastic card. Printed with my name on it! Feels really premium. Love it.

My room —

Did you see the TV has my name on it :smile:

My building is the most central. Right opposite Starbucks (yes, the resort has its own) and right by the walkway to the parks.

44 Likes

I LOVE it! Get a goods night rest, if you can!

3 Likes

Check-in lady said hotel is at 30% occupancy. But parks are fairly busy — locals with APs, apparently. Some lines as long as 60 mins. She advised judicious use of early entry. Which is at 8.30am. Park opens to everyone else at 10am.

So need to go to bed. I’m rope-dropping this bad boy.

26 Likes

That is awesome!

1 Like

Forgot to mention — room is super-clean.

11 Likes

How cool!

You may never visit Orlando again.

4 Likes

Don’t think it hasn’t occurred to me.

3 Likes

Ok, I’m joking.

jk

It might not be everybody’s cuppa but it’s mine.

Way better than “live action” Lion King, or whatever it’s called.

Have you seen 1 1/2? I’ve seen Lion King a LOT; I’d be happy to watch 1 1/2 a lotter.

2 Likes