I'm going to Disneyland Paris! (now featuring Trip Report!)

Stop being so over dramatic! I for one have enjoyed following along. Your pics were gorgeous and your summary/assessment has helped me feel less bad about no Disney, because I would miss those things too and I don’t want a Disney trip with no magic.

6 Likes

Er, hello? This is me we’re talking about. What else were you expecting?

10 Likes

When I took a solo trip a few years back I hit Earl of Sandwich in Disney Springs - similar ordering that drove me nuts.

So loud in there I couldn’t hear the person at the register with whom I was ordering, forget about that last pickup step where they were yelling out things like MMPPHJKert and FALLAASTOOVING and slamming food on the counter and walking away.

As I waited in the 6 square inches of empty space between the pick up counter and the massive river of humanity trying to fill their sodas then inevitably rolling to the counter through waiting hordes because none of the machines had ice, I noticed every single table was not only taken but also had a hovering Grandma ready to pounce when one opened.

Finally I heard a primeval call something like JOFFGHERENNNnnn and noticed something like what I ordered had appeared on the counter. I took a chance, sidled my way through the steaming humans and was able to reach just far enough around the people cramming the counter to grab the bag with my fingertips, yell FIRE IN THE HOLE and push my way through to the exit to eat outside in the humid wilds.

Sandwich was good tho.

2 Likes

Thoroughly enjoyed this thread - thanks for all the details!

My 13yo daughter insists she will live in France one day. I have been hoping we could take a trip over to visit family in Ireland or the Czech Republic and also visit Paris and DLP.

Doigts croisés we can pull it off.

4 Likes

I was expecting drama to be honest.

2 Likes

Your interest in your own trip is waning?

3 Likes

Interest isnt waning, lol, some or most of us were still in bed :grin:

3 Likes

DLR does this sometimes with Space Mountain, but it’s temporary. Do you think the same is true at DLP? Maybe they will take out the overlay and go back to the original at some point? I do not care for the Star Wars overlay at DLR either.

3 Likes

Regarding your experience on the train back to DLP, that was nuts! We had a similar experience on a bus from Mexico City to Oaxaca. (In case you didn’t know, a lot of the crafts in the Mexico pavilion at Epcot are from Oaxaca.) The bus stopped, the driver got out and took a call. We kept going. The bus stopped again in a town. Lots of chatter. We had no idea what was happening. A very nice woman found a young girl on the bus who spoke perfect English to tell us the bus wouldn’t go further due to violent protests happening in Oaxaca. We had to get off there or go back to Mexico City. We went back and had a completely different vacation than planned, but still good. Did you ever find out what happened? Maybe they just were taking those trains out of service for the day! How frustrating, especially with your phone dying. You might need to invest in a portable charger for your next trip report. We’ll all chip in. :smile:

2 Likes

Yes! That was another complaint I forgot to mention.

Rude.

Yes. It’s over.

Lazy.

I naively thought that my phone’s own battery, plus the Apple battery case would be enough. I do actually have a credit-card sized and shaped portable charger. Maybe I’ll have to take that next time, too.

6 Likes

It’s the French influence. Just as well you’re home now.

6 Likes

I was wondering the same thing and have the same feelings about the overlays (halloween and star wars). They were kind of cool the first time (for the novelty), but then I want the original back.

I will take it, I am idiot. I have been twice and that is enough for me. I am not a huge fan. I do intend on going to DLP, but no side trip tp Paris for me. There are many other cities throughout Europe that I have enjoyed more.

2 Likes

I will direct you to your previous controversial post. Apparently if you want to get fat in France, you have to pay for it.

5 Likes

You can’t get fat on the drinks. They’re all zéro calorie. And so kinda sour, i.e. they actually taste of the fruit they’re supposed to taste like.

4 Likes

I have so enjoyed catching up on your trip report!

I was following along real time until I was distracted by my own sudden hurrication, fell behind, then decided to save it for just the right moment…which was today! It made fly by the hour I spent waiting in a car line to pick up textbooks for DS16 remote learning.

It has been quite the journey for you, hasn’t it?

:joy:

6 Likes

Hasn’t it been for us all?

9 Likes

Really enjoyed your trip report! Looks like you made the most of your time there. Thanks for sharing all of the beautiful photos and the entertaining commentary! It’s always good to get back home though, especially right now.

2 Likes

I have seen double decked trains on a trip to Boston.

Yes, I live a block away from the commuter rail. There are double deck trains. Not every train, but a good amount.

2 Likes