I'm going home! I have questions

No trip would be complete without that stage! :rofl:

4 Likes

https://forum.touringplans.com/t/dlr-lightning-lane-drops-part-2/90741?u=arg13

2 Likes

Does everyone have odd questions pop into their head in the middle of the night?

Last nights was:

What’s security like at DLR now? Do they have the fancy just walk through metal detectors like WDW? Or is it still check every bag?

3 Likes

No fancy security like WDW, unfortunately. Good old fashioned manual bag check.

2 Likes

Like @Wahoohokie said, it’s the old fashioned manual bag search. You do go through a metal detector afterwards too (bags get set on a table for that part). Coming from PPH security should be relatively painless.

The security lines that get notoriously backed up the most frequently are the Harbor side, especially on Mon-Thur leading up to park opening and the GCH ones (any day but especially at early entry/park opening).

The one on the DLH side has always moved quickly (where you’d go for going to DL or DCA’s maingate). I don’t have any data on how backed up or not the PPH guest entrance into DCA’s pier gets, but with only the PPH guest population and only those that head to the pier area, my educated guess is it’s not usually backed up.

2 Likes

Not sure if this will help, but here is my personal Genie+ cheat sheet (with much thanks to @bebe80 @Joshua9000 and @Jeff_AZ).

I slightly adjusted the priorities to minimize walking and in DL we usually starting waiting for night Genie+ times starting with Matterhorn on the list. Just think Matterhorn, BTMRR and even Autopia are much better at night.

DL
Priority Drops
Ind Jones :57 (10:57a-6:57p)?
MFSR :52 (11:52a-6:52p)
HM :52 (10:52a-6:52p)
Space :52 (9:52a-8:52p)
Roger R -
Matterhorn :57 (10:57a-6:57p)?
BTMRR :57 / :27 (10:57a-8:27p)
ST :52 (10:52a-5:52p)
Buzz :52 (10:52a-7:52p)
Autopia -
DCA
Priority Drops
WS :52 / :22 (10:52a-7:22p)
GotG :52 / :22 (9:52a-7:22p)
TSMM -
IC -
Soarin’ :02 (10:02a-8:02p)
GRR :02 (12:02p-7:02p)
Monsters -
Goofy’s -
6 Likes

This is amazing!! Thank you! Saved me several hours trying to map out the info! :grin:

2 Likes

Awesome!

2 Likes

What an awesome list!

And yes, this is exactly on the nose.

2 Likes

Thank you @Julianne_fki and @Jeff_AZ for sending me down the thrill data rabbit hole!

I’m playing around with possible LL times (totally just to give me ideas) but it brought up a question.

I noticed on Thrill data that there are times to get LL starting at 7am even though EE is at 7:30.

Since we have EE all days and we can’t start booking LL’s until we tap in when do taps usually open? Will we actually be able to book our first LL before technical RD?

2 Likes

The taps by PPH opened right at EE time when I was there for DCA. I think if you are at the front gate they may let you in earlier. I can’t remember though cause it’s been a while since I rope dropped from the front. :man_facepalming: Be there 15-30 minutes early and you’ll be fine.

1 Like

At the front gate if lines are starting to get backed up they sometimes do but it’s at most 5 or so min early. What is more common is that they scan the first few groups as they get to their seat so that as soon as they get the go ahead to allow people through the turnstiles the first few groups move freely in.

1 Like

Disney opens the main gates around 7:20.

2 Likes

OK I have read the G+ threads so much my head is spinning!! I’m addicted to using thrilldata to make TP’s (thanks @Julianne_fki ) So pleas tell me I have this scenario right.

We start in DL with G+ and use our last LL in that park before a late lunch and break starting at 1pm.

If I book a LL in DCA for after our break but none of them are late enough can I modify it later but still be able to book another at 3pm?

Also does anyone think it would be a good idea for me to hit MK or HS with G+ before I go to practice? Or are they so different it won’t really help much?

3 Likes

Modifying does not affect your 2-hour blackout period, if that’s what you’re asking. i.e., you can book one LL at 1pm, modify it at 2pm, then book another one at 3pm if you haven’t used the first one yet.

Can’t hurt. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yes thank you! I was pretty sure I was understanding it that way but I needed it in the right words to be sure :rofl:

2 Likes

I would suggest MK if you do this. The experience is more similar. What you want is practice churning through LLs and prioritizing the most popular ones.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking too. Plus I haven’t been to that park in a while :smiley:

2 Likes

Now that you’re on your own without BG1 I would think some practice would be very useful. If BG1 were available, I’d say it’s not worth it.

Also, the apps are two separate apps for the separate coasts and I’ve never used either to specifically get G+ (all my LL’s on our WDW trip were obtained through BG1) so I can’t speak to how DL vs. MDE are different/same on G+ but my guess is, pretty much the same? So I would still practice.

2 Likes

Pretty much the same interface / functionality. The big difference being the sequential booking of ILLs at DL vs. getting to select your time at WDW, and not being able to book LLs until you tap in at DL vs. 7am at WDW.

2 Likes