I'll NEVER Do That Again... Disney Style!

@StephanieV Well since you and I live parallel lives, my kids would probably freak out too :sweat_smile:

@Laura, My kids, 6 and 8, were very scared during Dinosaur. And they do not scare easily. (My 6 year old couldn’t get enough of Everest!) It was the only ride they disliked during our entire week. It was very bumpy and very dark, and of course has scary dinosaurs. The premise of the ride is that you’re in a hurry to get out of there because something is wrong with your mission…so that adds an element of intensity too. I know some people love it, but my crowd certainly did not. I only say this because I wish I would’ve known in advance what to expect. I think everyone has their own likes and dislikes…You know your kids best!

1 Like

Me too!

1 Like

I agree with you about POR breakfast. That was crazy town. Now lunch at POR - absolutely. I should have had their BBQ sandwich at least one more time.

My never again won’t happen as my kids still want it. If I could I would skip Hollywood and Vine. Food was fine it was just super expensive. I chose it as it knocked out a bunch of characters and got us a reserved section to Fantasmic! but I hoped it’d be a one and done. Not the end of the world by any means.

1 Like

The tracks follow an identical path when viewed from above. Here is a diagram that Martin (of Martin’s Videos) made:

However… because the two track cross over each other, and must be at different heights to do so, some of the elevations will vary from track to track.

Just for fun, here’s lights on video of both tracks, one after the other…

3 Likes

Nice! I’m getting a sore neck just watching :wink:

Another interesting piece of trivia is that one track is 10 feet longer than the other - probably the result of differing elevations.

1 Like

No question, Dinosaur would be the answer for everyone in our family. None of us would ever do it again.

1 Like

I like old wooden coasters, so a little bumping around is part of the fun!

1 Like

My husband recently commented to me when our oldest was watching “A Bug’s Life”:

“You know, I may just have to go to Disney by myself someday just so I can watch ‘It’s Tough to be a Bug’.”

I have a deep-seated fear of the praying mantis. So, a large 3D one is a big ol’ NOPE from me.

I am not a huge SM fan and usually skip it, however when it is that holiday overlay, I LOVE IT! It becomes a must do at night for me.

They are both gone now but, Stitch’s great escape…huge waste of time and boring pre-shows. Universe of Energy before it had Ellen. It was like sitting in a classroom watching a boring movie. I took my 3 year old on it because he loved dinosaurs. He got fussy because he was bored. These people in front of me were giving me nasty looks. I finally said, "Believe me if I could exit with him I would!) He wasn’t really crying, just whining that he was bored. The rest of the trip I asked about exit option!

For what it’s worth, I cannot ride most of the rides you mentioned anymore because of vertigo and nausea. However, I LOVE Soarin’ and I didn’t have any trouble with FOP. I see it as more like an intense Soarin’ than some of those other rides. (Hint - everything in Pandora is more meaningful if you watch the Avatar movie before you visit!)

Thank you…good to know

Hall of Presidents. I thought it was going to be a ride like Under the Sea. Should’ve taken a nap.

Rivers of Light. We would have escaped if we could have.

Food and Wine on a Saturday - and I like that festival.

1 Like

Oh, yeah, baby! I should have thought of that one myself! It was miserable after about 1:30 pm in WS.

Carousel of Progress
Hall of Presidents
Country Bear Jamboree

Not worth the time to me and I find them boring and odd. Sorry, I know people love them, and I’m glad others enjoy them, I must be missing something.

1 Like

I’ll never forget the park hours for the park I’m going to in the morning and show up at 8:15AM for 8:00AM EMH!

However, going to MK at 4PM without realizing it is a MNSSHP night worked out okay. Probably rode 7 rides in 1.5 hours.

1 Like

Maybe it’s my age… I can handle bumping OR dark but not both…? Not sure. I enjoy the Matterhorn and it’s crazy bumpy.

1 Like