If You Had One Perfect Day in WDW, What Would It Include? Game Time!

My husband and I are planning an upcoming trip, taking two first timers, my sister and best friend. In the planning stages we were thinking what would be the perfect day if it was up to us? I’d love everyone’s thoughts, mainly just for fun!!! But instead of a detailed play by play, hour by hour, Genie + by Genie +, I thought it would be a fun question and answer. So if you want to play, answer the questions below:

What Parks would you visit?
What two ILLs would you buy?
What are your top 5 Genie+ priorities and in what order?
Where is lunch?
What bar/lounge would you include?
Where is dinner?
What non-ride attractions or experiences would be included?

This can be pie in the sky, wish list stuff if you want. In my next post, I will give my answers and try to stick with what would be possible in a Rope Drop to Closing type day. But no rules, just enjoy if you want! Even add some questions!

4 Likes

What Parks would you visit? All four

What two ILLs would you buy? Tron and FoP

What are your top 5-7 Ride priorities and in what order (including Genie + and VQ rides)? GoTG, Rise, ToT, EE, KS, Thunder Mountain, People Mover

Where is lunch? Yak and Yeti

What bar/lounge would you include? Nomad Lounge (but could be out of park too)

Where is dinner? Sanaa

What non-ride attractions or experiences would be included? Savi’s and Building a Droid

2 Likes

What Parks would you visit? All four but at least AK and EP.
What two ILLs would you buy? RotR, FoP; VQ for GotG and Tron (one for afternoon)
What are your top 5 Genie+ priorities and in what order? ToT, RnRC, MMRR, FEA, Remy
Where is lunch? Satuli Canteen
What bar/lounge would you include? Nomad
Where is dinner? Teppan Edo
What non-ride attractions or experiences would be included? Fantasmic or Harmonious

3 Likes

We are KIND of doing this in March. We have one day. So I will borrow from that plan.

Epcot, for sure…although maybe also take the Skyliner over to HS for some of the day.

GotG, and…hmm…I guess RotR, if we went over to HS.

Soarin’, ToT, SDD, Frozen, Remy

If we are at HS, then Backlot Express. If at Epcot, then…maybe Yorkshire Fish place in the UK?

Not really a bar/lounge kind of person. If I had to pick…Space 220 Lounge? But then I would make that lunch.

Yikes. So many options. We are doing Via Napoli in March, so I will go with that. But we could also go with something more upscale, such as the restaurant in Canada?

World Showcase! Oh…and Symphony of Us.

3 Likes

Animal Kingdom by day, Magic Kingdom by night

Tron
I love FOP but more and more it leaves me feeling a bit sick

Safari
Everest
Jungle Cruise
Big Thunder
Pirates

Where is lunch?
Small plates at Nomad Lounge

Nomad, but also Trader Sam’s for fun with Enchanted Rose as a backup

Where is dinner?
Steakhouse 71

Animal Kingdom: animation experience, gorilla falls, fotlk
Magic Kingdom: HEA

5 Likes

I would love to do a tour at AK or AKL- the ones with the animals. Some of my must-do non-rides include CoP, Philharmagic, and Hall of Pres. If we add AK back into the mix, walking Discovery Island.

Well somehow all my answers didn’t show. Will try to update.
ETA: Nevermind it did now. Just have to expand the quote to see it all.

3 Likes

Haven’t done Teppan Edo yet, but doing it for our next trip. I’m looking forward to it!

1 Like

Hollywood Studios
8:30a early-entry rope-drop Rockin (if closed, rope drop Tower of Terror)
9:00a LL: Slinky
Drink @ Oga’s until you snag a Smuggler’s Run LL return before 10:30a
10:30a LL: Smuggler’s Run
Drink @ Oga’s until you snag a Runaway Railway LL return before 12:00p
12:00p LL: Runaway Railway

Epcot (scan in by 1pm to join Guardians VQ)
Play slots until you can grab Remy or Frozen within the hour, ride that.
Play slots until you can grab Remy or Frozen within the hour, ride that.
Play slots until you can grab Soarin within the hour, ride that.
Guardians VQ

Animal Kingdom
Play slots until you can grab Navi before 6pm.
Everest via Single Rider line.
Ride Navi
Dinner @ Satuli Canteen, followed by Pandora cocktails or Thirsty River Bar beers

Magic Kingdom
LLs & Standby, whatever’s available until fireworks: Space Mt, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, Pirates, Teacups
Fireworks
Tron ILL, 1 hour after fireworks’ scheduled start

5 Likes

Obviously I immediately broke my own non-binding rules and changed the questions in my response so I could add People Mover to my list of rides. HAHAHAHAH. Sorry for the confusion! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Choosing food was probably harder for me over choosing rides.

2 Likes

We haven’t been to Enchanted Rose yet, we want to try it this next trip since we have a non-park day built in.

1 Like

I’ve always enjoyed it. The drinks are a little pricey, but the atmosphere is great. I’ve never had poor service but beware of as server called “Mark” with whom several Liners are familiar and about whom they have nothing good to say.

3 Likes

I agree!

2 Likes

Whoops, I obviously meant Luminous. But honestly I would love it if they could somehow bring back Harmonious without the barges.

2 Likes

1 any park. Possibly HS least. AK probably first

2 probably none. Haven’t bought any yet. But Cosmic Rewind could be a contender

3 I’m not that ride centric any more, so it’s a short list. Tea Cups, Turtle Talk with Crush, Star Tours, Animation Experience

4 Flame Tree or if it’s a pleasant day, Big River Grille and Brewing Works

5 Geyser Point

6 Marrakesh - except it’s not open. Maybe Tusker House about an hour before it closes :smile:

7 Mickey ice cream bar, Barbershop Quartet, Flag Retreat at MK, bird flight at the AK tree, any shady bench in a warm day, a sunny spot on a chilly day, simply chatting up guests and CMs

Stealing from @Shmebulock : Liner Meets :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

4P1D

GotG and RotR

GotG
RotR
MFSR
MMRR
FoP

Where is lunch?

Satu’li

Ogas

Where is dinner?

CP

FotLK
Funnel Cake snack
FoF Parade
Fantasmic!
Liner meets :yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

6 Likes

We can meet for lunch :smiley::smiley::yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

2 Likes

I’m a long time MK fan. However, I was lucky enough to go there a couple time this year. I haven’t been able to much time at DHS and none at EP since 2013. I made mine a “realistic” plan of what I would do on my next visit if I only had one day.

What Parks would you visit? DHS / EPCOT (Start at DHS / EP Late Afternoon / Evening)

What two ILLs would you buy? RotR / GotG

What are your top 5 Genie+ priorities and in what order? SDD, ToT, MMRR, Remy, FEA

Where is lunch? Ronto’s Roasters

What bar/lounge would you include? Oga’s

Where is dinner? Biergarten or Le Cellier (Depending on who is with me)

What non-ride attractions or experiences would be included? Indy, World Showcase, Fireworks

EDIT — This is my favorite answer!! I’m including it too!!

3 Likes

Everyone should!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

6 Likes

What Parks would you visit? All
RD AK, hop to HS, hop MK for 1pm VQ, hop EP to GotG and Remy, hop back to MK to finish.

What two ILLs would you buy? RoTR, GotG

What are your top 5 Genie+ priorities and in what order? RnR, MFSR, Remy, MMRR, BTM

Where is lunch? On the go - Fairfax Fare?

Where is dinner? Casey’s?

What non-ride attractions or experiences would be included? People watching?

5 Likes