If you could have ONE job at Disney

DH, also U of I, is from Fairfield. IL. I am a western suburbs of Chicago native.

1 Like

I minored in crop science… and really wish it had been my major. So having a passion in that area, working in Living With the Land and working with plants and studying some of the cutting edge things they do there would be my dream job. Maybe getting to interact with guests from behind the scenes in the process would be icing on the cake.

The job I wouldn’t want would be guest services… while I’d love to have a role where I could do something memorable that a guest might see (ie Living with the Land) I don’t think I could deal with being front line contact with them. I don’t have much patience for whining and irrational behavior. I know most would be positive, but I’ve seen enough of the bad at Disney World to know I couldn’t hack it. :rofl:

I know where Fairfield is. :slight_smile: I’ve lived in Macomb, Decatur and Bloomington, before going south - across the river from St. Louis.

This isn’t the most glamorous job, but I’m a database architect, and I’d love to see some of the ways they collect and use data. I’d be particularly interested in anything involving efficiency or how they make strategic decisions based on the data from guest visits.

1 Like

Can I take mine back? If we factor salaries in, I want to be CEO because Bob Iger gets PAID!!! Not saying he doesn’t earn it, but I would love to have his salary.

Just to clarify, I’m not one of those who care more about the wedding than the marriage. I didn’t get married until I was over thirty and we had lived together for a few years. We came from different cultures and even though I thought I’d made sure, we just weren’t compatible for marriage. But I really did have my dream wedding, there will never be another one, and I still enjoy remembering it.

2 Likes

I wasn’t questioning your motivations, TBH. Mostly just observing that one is not the other, and that one can have a perfectly lovely wedding and a completely horrible marriage, or vice versa, as well.

I enjoy a fantastic party, whether it’s a wedding or something else. The fact that people have weddings as a good excuse to bring all of their chosen family together is a wonderful thing, IMO. And while I love to see it as a milestone in a beautiful relationship, I don’t get bent out of shape if it doesn’t ultimately lead to “death do us part”.

And now back to your regularly scheduled Disney talk…

1 Like

New job to loathe!!

Window cleaner for bay lake tower!! Noooooooooo thank you!!

3 Likes

They have meetings for that.

(I’m so very sorry. I couldn’t help myself)

4 Likes

:smile:

Reading this thread through, I would actually love the job of overnight street washer. Stand there with a high powered hose under the lights of the park… sounds repetitive and great to me.

3 Likes

Agreed, that or night security guard.

1 Like

This may be a weird one, but I’d work in the lost child center. If I have one skill in life, it is calming down upset kids. And ignoring the cries of children :laughing:

1 Like