If I'm going to splurge... (yes, another round of decision making)

Oh yes, that’s why I voted for BW. I thought I remembered @lizzieanne771 spending a lot of time at WS in past TRs

1 Like

Epcot and AK are two of my favorite parks. And I’ve got a lot of Epcot days in hoping for that Cosmic Rewind VQ. (The extra possibility on Monday night for EEH is a big reason for bumping to a Deluxe or DVC.)

2 Likes

When is your trip? BWI should be starting a major construction project soon. I fear that most of the QS options will not work for you (bakery). You can mobile order Trattoria and you could get some fruit or non gluten items in the store. I am unsure of the selection at Misner’s.

2 Likes

Tell us more… plz

Aug 20-26.

That’s what I was thinking - it’s harder options there being gluten-free.

1 Like

Here you go!

3 Likes

Initially I was going to vote AKL since it is, overall, the best Deluxe. But since you have done it, I’d say do something new. So I voted for Contemporary. It was my favorite as a kid and there’s something nostalgic about it. The lake view is lovely and I like watching the monorail going through the building. Plus you are close to all the good eats and treats and drinks at Poly and GF. Let us know what you decide!

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I voted BW because you haven’t stayed there before and you can walk to Epcot which you mentioned you were going to several times. It was a hard choice though. AKL was my first instinct. I love that resort.

3 Likes

Thanks!

I think I may - especially not knowing how many of each room type are left - give my TA a “1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice” list so she doesn’t have to keep emailing or messaging back if one is gone when she gets in there. (Or if she can’t see it - I ran into that once when I was wanting to change to Beach Club - I could see availability, but she couldn’t.)

2 Likes

That’s a good idea.

1 Like

I figure it makes it easier on here and saves messaging back and forth.

1 Like

I’m sure she appreciates that.

1 Like

I voted Boardwalk even though the GF food choices, particularly at breakfast, are lacking. I did that because even though I complain about the food there a lot, it’s the location we stay at the most. If you’re prepared with hard boiled eggs or Bobs GF instant oatmeal cups or whatever your breakfast of choice is in your mini fridge, you can easily make it work. Or go to a TS for breakfast. I’ve even walked over to BC for Mickey waffles, although that was a bit of a time suck. The location of Boardwalk is the best of all the resorts IMO. Especially if your trip is going to be Epcot focused.

3 Likes

Thanks all!! I pondered everything, looked at what my plans are, discussed with my TA (who, much like me, doesn’t feel very much like celebrating today), and decided on…

Boardwalk Garden View.

I’m excited for a super new experience for me!! It’ll be my first time staying in a Crescent Lake resort!!

Excellent ideas @dianelynn! I’m not really into hard boiled (or deviled - lol) eggs, but I can toss a box of Luna Bars or similar into my bag for breakfast on the days I don’t have a TS booked (at this point, only 2).

9 Likes

We are hooked on staying at Epcot area resorts – which is why I voted for BWI. It is so easy to take a break from the parks to enjoy your resort or just take a nap. You will love getting skip busses for two parks and easily get back to your hotel no matter what time of day you need a long ac break.

3 Likes

Yay! Great choice.

2 Likes

I picked there for part of my split stay- and I am soooooo excited to stay there!!!

2 Likes

Yay! Can’t wait to hear about it!

2 Likes

Also happy Caesar salad day!

4 Likes