ID for purchasing alcohol at Oga's Cantina

Someone on another forum has pointed out something worrying about the reservations for Oga’s Cantina.

Just checked my confirmation email from Disney and it states the following:

“All Guests visiting from outside of the United States are required to present both a valid passport as well as another form of government-issued photo ID from their country of origin.”

This is different to their normal policy isn’t it? I was under the impression that non-US guests could use either:

• their original passport
  • a photocopy of their passport plus their driving licence

Are CMs really going to insist on seeing both your passport AND your driving licence at Oga’s Cantina if you’re not from the US? What if you don’t have a second form of photo ID?

My other ADR confirmations don’t mention anything separate about guests from outside the US, they all just say:

"ACCEPTABLE forms of ID:

• Valid Passport or associated passport cards
  • Copy of a Passport is acceptable WITH government issued photo ID"

In fact it even goes on to say:

“This applies to all Disneyland®, Walt Disney World® and Operating Participant locations.”

This contradicts what the Oga’s confirmation email says!

Wonder if this will be enforced?

I’ve always had my passport with me and never had a problem. I don’t actually have a photo driving licence (never updated it and always worried about the threat of a fine if I do so now). And we don’t have any other kind of government issued photo ID here.

In my experience, one form of photo ID is sufficient anywhere in WDW.

My passport spends my WDW vacations in my hotel room safe. And it’s staying there next time, too.

If you’re using a photocopy of your passport, then yes, both will be required. The CM may not ask for proof of age if, in his or her judgement, you are clearly of drinking age.

Then you won’t be served alcohol. Florida law allows any server to deny service for any reason not discriminatory to a protected class. Age is not a protected class for the purpose of serving alcohol.

It will. I’ve seen international guests without the required ID be denied alcohol service any number of times. A server can be criminally liable for serving someone underage, so they will err on the side of denial.

My point is, will a CM refuse to serve me if I have my physical passport with me but no other ID? I would have thought having my actual passport would be enough but the email suggests otherwise

I suspect the Oga’s Cantina email is either poorly written or outright wrong. An original passport is the highest standard of ID in the U.S., and I’ve never seen anyone have to produce any other ID along with it.

This is what it says in the FAQs. According to this I can never be served alcohol at WDW:

All Guests visiting from outside of the United States are required to present both a valid passport as well as another form of government-issued photo ID from their country of origin.

As I said, I’ve always just carried my passport and not had any problems. But I did worry the first time we stayed onsite and I saw the requirements.